• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSXCC Southern Ontario Cruise and BBQ in Fort Erie – Sunday July 29, 2012

Remember to bring sandals - deck is stinking hot in the sun:cool:

We might not stay for the BBQ.

There's a great little restaurant in Port Colborne the Patti and I love, so we'll be celebrating our anniversary there.

We look forward to seeing everyone again!

had 14 cars here at the bbq last year..........gotta beat it!

We might not stay for the BBQ.

There's a great little restaurant in Port Colborne the Patti and I love, so we'll be celebrating our anniversary there.

We look forward to seeing everyone again!

Just curious... What great little restaurant are you referring to?

There's @27 right on Main St. at the bridge, and it is the best around and nice patio..........then there is Sugar Too's which we will pass on Lakeshore, no patio but fantastic. I frequent them both and can say they are as good as any T.O quality restaurant, great ambience, etc...........there are others, but no patio and slightly less in quality. But on that day the BEST is Gecko Beach for the BBQ with Chef Bram.........:biggrin:

Just curious... What great little restaurant are you referring to?

There's @27 right on Main St. at the bridge, and it is the best around and nice patio..........then there is Sugar Too's which we will pass on Lakeshore, no patio but fantastic. I frequent them both and can say they are as good as any T.O quality restaurant, great ambience, etc...........there are others, but no patio and slightly less in quality. But on that day the BEST is Gecko Beach for the BBQ with Chef Bram.........:biggrin:

While I like @27, I prefer the Smokin' Buddha. http://www.thesmokinbuddha.com/

Up until I transferred in December, my office was right on Welland Street, and we liked to go out for lunch. For a small little town, Port has a pretty good selection of good places to eat. Now I kind of miss it and am getting teary eyed.

smokin buddahis good - not what I call fine dining, but great food and patio. Ever been to San Marco's? Good too..........

Best food in Niagara Falls is at Syndicate fyi.
If you've never been there you should definitely try it when you're in the area.
It's across the street from the Flying Saucer restaurant.

Thanks James.

Great recommendations on restaurants. We look to try out some of them at future events. 20 cars are a sizable event. We may need parking control to fit all of us at Gecko's.

Don't forget to bring your GMRS/FRS radios.

Last edited:
Not sure about BBQ, I think we are going to bring our own picnic...food and drinks. Sorry Bram it's not your cooking:smile:

What an amazing day! Thanks again NSXCC, bram and Owen for organizing such a great cruise and BBQ. Also big thanks to shawna for having us all over. I'll post pics up later once I download them at home.

Back