• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSXCC Southern Ontario Cruise and BBQ in Fort Erie – Sunday July 29, 2012

NSXCC Southern Ontario Cruise and BBQ in Fort Erie – Sunday July 29, 2012

We are pleased to announce our July cruise and BBQ event to be held on Sunday July 29.

Much like last year we are looking to take a cruise out to Fort Erie. However instead of going through the busier roads of Niagara on the Lake, we are starting our drive in Upper Hamilton and head south to Caledonia and then south east along the river through Cayuga, Dunnville, Port Colborne and into Ridgeway neighborhood west of Fort Erie. The drive is expected to be about 90 mins going through some of the most scenic roads Southern Ontario has to offer.

IMG_1046.JPG

3b6417f6.jpg

Our gathering point is expected to be around Upper James (Montana's) neighborhood south of the Lincoln Alexander Parkway. We plan to gather by 930am and depart no later than 1030am. We want to thank Gecko (aka Shawna) in advance for agreeing to again host our afternoon BBQ. We plan to arrive at her home no later than 1pm for lunch, and enjoy an afternoon of social. For those who enjoy a light swim, do bring along your bathing suit, sunscreen, towels and a change of clothes as there is a swimming pool onsite.

P1050744.jpg

Cost to attend the BBQ is a nominal $10 pp collected in advance. This is to cover the cost of food and drinks. For those who are only interested in the cruise, please state clearly in your reply post. Also, let us know if you are bringing a guest.

P1050765.jpg

P1050753.jpg

For our cruise drive, we recommend to bring along a (or a set of) GMRS/FRS radio. This will make your cruise experience more fun and it minimizes your chance of getting lost. You can pickup any of the brands listed here: Cobra, Motorola, Uniden, Midland at Future Shop, Best Buy, the Source, Walmart, Costco, Bass Pro Shop. Just make sure they are GMRS/FRS compatible radios. We would recommend investing in a set with longer range (35km+) for future cruise/events use.

COBRA.jpg

P1050789.jpg

1) Owen
2) Bram
3) Shawna
4) Sean F +1
5) Ed +1
6) Garrick +1 (3 mini's)
7) Mike & Val
8) Robert, Michelle (2 min's)
9) Russell & Carlotta (no BBQ)
10) Bruno +1
11) Athar & Rafia
12) Rick & Renata (no BBQ)
13) Mario & Oksana
14) John & Christine
15) Chris W +1
16) Robert "Zanardi"
17) Mark B +1
18) Dave Bruni +1
19) Danny M (no BBQ)
20) Dave XYXXXY +1 (no BBQ)
21) James
22)

Last edited:
I guess I'll attend

:rolleyes:oh no you won't....you burned the burgers last year

Carlotta and I are coming although we may not stay for the BBQ. Don't forget I have the signed Shigeru Uehara items to donate to the club!
We'll pull names from a hat and a couple lucky people will get to take something home!

Will everyone be driving their nsx or leaving it at home and driving something else? I think we need all the X's out that day!

Looks' like we'll have about 15 NSX's at this event...Come on you guys (Bobby, Richie Etc) let's sign up.

After some deliberation looks like I won't be making out this time I just have too much going this weekend, but have fun guys!

Re: NSXCC Southern Ontario Cruise and BBQ in Fort Erie – Sunday July 29, 2012

We'll be there.

John G & Christine

anybody else from the london area thinking of going.....dont want to be driving up by myself....again.
eddy

Okay, looks like we are all set for our event. A quick note from our host on the parking arrangement at her house. Please refer to the attached drawing.

d5695406.jpg

An important note is that we are starting our cruise 30 mins early (1030 departure) due to length of the drive. It will be very scenic and well worth our time and gas. We have scheduled a 15 mins stop at a local golf course for washroom break.

All of you will receive an email this afternoon with the event details.

Bring your fully charged GFRS/FRS radios if you have them. Bring the set to share with others.

See you all Sunday.

Last edited:
Back