NSXPO 2008 Caravan

So are you guys driving up to Portland?
This time I will let Bob and Bob flank me or I might not drive with the Bobs at all for better luck!:biggrin:
Steve

So are you guys driving up to Portland?
This time I will let Bob and Bob flank me or I might not drive with the Bobs at all for better luck!:biggrin:
Steve
Dude, we gotta protect you better. If we can get nine cars, perhaps we can just put you in the middle :biggrin:.

I'm planning on driving up early, early Thursday morning. That should put us in Portland late afternoon/early evening; in time for registration and that evening's activities. How's that work for folks?

Still looking for a truck and enclosed trailer to rent. If I can't find one, then I'll drive with you guys.

I would like to plug my favorite mobile detailer for those of you bringing your baby to the show - Robert Smith 408-982-0747. I know he did a wonderful job for those who were in the Monterey area last year. I recall someone had him work on a whole lot of cars at one of the local hotels.

I'll be going, but will be in a truck with a trailer, so probably no fun to drive with.

We are leaving Thursday also, I think Tom is out on his sail boat. We are trying to get everything ready to go. What time are you planning on leaving?

Head count
1) Steve whiteNSXs
2) flaminio
3) Joe and Val

I be going. I'll have the NSX in my trailer. I need to keep it to 60 mph.
I'm going to leave Wednesday evening. I'll stop some where along I5 and get some rest.
Most likely near Thunderhill "Willows"

I'll continue on Thursday Morning.

My wife will fly out Thursday Afternoon and I'll pick her up from the airport in Portland.
She can't stay for the whole week.

You can hardly miss my rig.

Later,
Don

Last edited:
I'll be leaving with the trailer on Wednesday, and will also need to keep the speed down. If I can leave early enough (before noon), I might try to make it there in one shot. Otherwise, I'll also stop somewhere along the way for the night.

I have to work on Wed. I'll only work a 1/2 day.

I figure it is around a 12hr trip. ~650 miles. Google maps has it as a 10hr 15min but I'll have to stop and I'll also hit traffic.

My trailer is a RV. When I go to Thunder Hill that usually take me around 4 hrs. ~190 miles. If I can lop 2-300 miles Wednesday evening Thursday should be easy.

Later,
Don

We are leaving Thursday also, I think Tom is out on his sail boat. We are trying to get everything ready to go. What time are you planning on leaving?

Head count
1) Steve whiteNSXs
2) flaminio
3) Joe and Val

I'd like to leave as early as possible, and get out of the Bay Area before the traffic gets intolerable. 5am doable for folks? I know whiteNSXs is in San Francisco; I'm down on the Peninsula. Anyone have a preferred meeting place?

Heading out for NSXPO now. I'll have my radios on in case I come across any NSXs! :biggrin:

I'll be hitting the road Thursday a.m. at about 5:00, leaving from Redwood City. I'll catch up with whiteNSXs in the City, and then Joe on I-5 just north of Sacto. If anyone else is on the road around those times, catch us on the radio or pm me your cell. I'll check 'prime one last time before I leave, and then I'll see you in Portland!

Safe traveling guys!

Just arrived at the hotel about an hour and a half ago. Decided not to stop for the night, and drove all the way through. The radio was quiet all day. :tongue:

For you guys on still the way, be careful. Both CHP and OSP were out in full force today!

Back