• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Nsxpo 2012 caravan ???????

OK......I've been looking through the threads. Maybe I haven't looked in the right place but so far I can't seem to find any mention of anyone from southern California area going to NSXPO 2012 or a caravan forming to get there. I just booked the Omni Interlochen for 9/13-19 and signed up for info on registration. Is anyone else going? Anyone else driving there? Did I miss a thread ??

I've been looking at my work schedule and decided that I cannot afford to take the time off to drive to and from there, but I am still considering flying in for the social event. Hoping to find someone...*cough*...PHOEN$X...*cough*...NsXmaS...willing to drive me and my camera around.

Does ANYONE from our region plan to go?

Last edited:
I'm booked and eager to go to Colorado Jill's last day at work before getting 5 days off is 9/11 so as of now we are planning to drive to Vegas when she gets off work on 9/11 and spend the night downtown old Vegas. I want to knock off a few miles so we can leisurely drive on 9/12 and probably stop somewhere like Vail or Breckenridge the evening of the 12th then mosey down to the Omni for mid afternoon/early evening registration on the 13th. Is ANYONE driving out there for this event? :confused: ?????

It looks like I'm driving solo from Phoenix to NSXPO. I have requested 9/12-9/17 off from work. I'd rather not drive alone, and would be interested in hooking up and caravaning with SoCal NSXers that are also going.

GO KRT, I can get up to Vegas on 9/12 (or meet you at whatever location is convenient for both of us) and caravan with you if I'm unable to find anyone else to travel with.

If anyone wants to get to Golden in 2 days, I always go to Richfield, Utah the first night and then get to Colorado (Colorado Springs) then next afternoon. It's a little over 500 miles each day from south Orange County. I always stay at the Hampton Inn right next to the 15 in Richfield, UT. It's about an hour past St. George but it's a lot cooler. Bring your own booze iif you like it at night, since it is Utah.

IMG_85181024x654.jpg

IMG_85131024x979-Copy.jpg

^I know this isn't my NSX but it's a Honda. I took this photo on Aug. 7th, just about 20 miles before arriving at Richfield. I went to S2KCA Days (S2000 meet), that was also in Golden, last month. I'd consider going again for NSXPO but I already booked flights to see my daughter and son in Vacaville, CA that weekend.

It looks like I'm driving solo from Phoenix to NSXPO. I have requested 9/12-9/17 off from work. I'd rather not drive alone, and would be interested in hooking up and caravaning with SoCal NSXers that are also going.

GO KRT, I can get up to Vegas on 9/12 (or meet you at whatever location is convenient for both of us) and caravan with you if I'm unable to find anyone else to travel with.

I just looked at the map and it looks like you would be back tracking to go to Vegas on the way to Broomfield(?). If you want to do that perhaps you can do what we are doing and leave the evening of the 11th after work and meet us in Vegas? Or perhaps we can all meet up with Clausibaus in Grand Junction on the evening of the 12th? We can coordinate this here or we can talk/text but in any event I think we should share cell numbers so we can keep in touch and plan. My cell is 760-717-5800 alan

Well, it looks like Grand Junction is out of my way too. I still haven't decided on what route to take. I had been contemplating driving the route that WillErickson had suggested, as he said it's less boring, but am not sure if I want to do it alone. I just got back from Hawaii, and need to catch up on some other stuff, so I'll make a decision later.

Alan, I'll PM you my #.

Well, it looks like Grand Junction is out of my way too. I still haven't decided on what route to take. I had been contemplating driving the route that WillErickson had suggested, as he said it's less boring, but am not sure if I want to do it alone. I just got back from Hawaii, and need to catch up on some other stuff, so I'll make a decision later.

Alan, I'll PM you my #.

I just looked at that "route".....funny cuz I have a bunch of time available on the way home and that is some of the way I plan on RETURNING......except I am going to add "The San Juan Skyway" even though it is a circle and will take me out of my way. If you decide to run that route you should have a good time. I will be running it solo on the way home since Jill is flying back on the 16th.

Back