• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSXPO activity for spouses/SO's

Somehow I managed to talk wife into driving with me from NY to Texas for NSXPO. Whereas she is not totally consumed with the NSX as many of us are, she inquired as to whether there were any other spouses/significant others who may be of the same, albeit somewhat misguided, disposition.

She would like to offer to teach yoga classes to those who may be interested during NSXPO. If anyone, or more likely anyone's spouse, etc., is interested, feel free to email me or post here so that I can let my wife know that she will be able to do something other than stare at us drooling over our cars.

Bob

I hear there's an additional activity being added for the owners: watching the spouses/SO's do yoga.
biggrin.gif

I have generally considered many aerobic activities to be a spectator sport. Why else would ESPN show Ms. Fitness America during prime time?

Great idea.....I'd looked into a few things myself since I figured some significant others might get a little bored. Healing Moon Therapies in downtown Dallas is now offering discounts for NSXPO attendees on massages and such. Their website is www.healingmoontherapies.com
High Country Iron Horse is offering discounts on Harley Rentals, www.usharley.com
The Dallas Museum of Art has several new exhibitions showing, www.dm-art.org, they also have a fabulous restaurant.
Last but not least, Neiman Marcus at Northpark (also Dallas) has personal shoppers who would be more than happy to assist you with the designer(s) of your choice.
We can keep them plenty busy if they don't want to stay with their honeys and their cars.

Originally posted by Nsx Service Girl:
Neiman Marcus at Northpark (also Dallas) has personal shoppers who would be more than happy to assist you with the designer(s) of your choice.

WARNING: This could turn out to be a lot more expensive than the NSXPO track event...

I'll be frank here.

We didn't spend very much time planning "other" activities for spouses/SOs at NSXPO, because in years past this has proven to be underutilized and our efforts were better spent on making the core event itself the best it can be.

What is recommended above is a good start. I can also recommend the following:

1. Day at the spa at either Spa Atelier or the Four Seasons in Irving (Las Colinas)
2. More shopping at The Galleria, including some ice skating at the rink in the middle of the mall
3. Spend a morning at the Fort Worth Zoo, spend the afternoon at the Dallas Zoo
4. Visit the Sixth Floor museum at Dealy Plaza in Dallas and learn about the JFK assassination
5. See the Dallas Mavericks play basketball the evening of the 9th (Saturday)
6. See Star Wars II: Attack of the Clones on an 8 story tall IMAX screen
7. Go outlet shopping at Grapevine Mills, including Neiman Marcus' Last Call outlet, where designer labels (Prada, Armani, Gucci, Versace, etc.) are up to 70% off
8. Go to Southfork Ranch, filming location for the TV series "Dallas"
9. Get a golf lesson from the club pro at the hotel
10. Rent a car at the airport and try to get from Garland to Southlake during the afternoon rush hour in under 45 minutes :)

EDR

Back