• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NY/NJ Primers - Sun 10/3 Meet?

So Bernard tried to set up Dim Sum last minute for last Sun but no responses. Do you guys want to try to get together this Sun? Weather should be clear but cloudy in the mid 60's. I figure just short of a weeks notice we can all plan ahead. I would very much like to get together one last time with the crew before the weather becomes an issue for us. If I didn't at least attempt to organize something now, I'll definitely regret it when the the streets are plagued with black ice and snow. Also, my good friend and new NSX owner ssangkal1001 is dying to meet you guys and bring his new shiney Silver toy out for a few twisties with us.

Dim Sum at East Manor?

City Island and then Maritime?

Bear Mountain run and a stop for brunch?

Suggestions???

Def down for a spin this sun. I'll prefer a run at bear but nontheless a willing participant for any of the above. Primers, as the man said, i just got my x and my veins are thirsty for some cruisin! Hope to see y'all sun! :biggrin:

Last edited:
I would love to but am attending a track event this weekend at Monticello, for sure next time, unless there is a conflict.:biggrin:

Tytus

Bear mountain would be my choice now that the trees are turning colors. I was in the Poconos this past weekend and it was beautiful!

Steve, let's set up a time for early morning to avoid traffic...we can even meet u on the palisades pkwy and go up together.

Lunch (Dim sum?) can be in Fort Lee after the drive. :)

Ok early fine with me. Let me know what works for you as far as time and place to meet on Pal Pkwy. PM me your number.

In DC for the weekend, still good driving thru the first week or so of November, don't put it away too soon, winter's long enough!!!

In DC for the weekend, still good driving thru the first week or so of November, don't put it away too soon, winter's long enough!!!

Agree with early Nov for driving. Although there's a huge difference between driving with the targa off and the weather in your face vs driving with the heat on and the windows rolled up. I'm just trying to take advantage of a nice Sun while the opportunity presents itself.

I'll drive anytime as long as there is no ice/snow on the ground and especially no salt/calcium chloride on the streets.

So far...ssangkal1001, dynamic, and kingkong...

Rich, Bailey, Bernard???

Last edited:
Ok I'm confirmed for Sunday will login Saturday For meet up details

Would love to meet up with you guys on Sunday but I got an old rock band rodey pal in from Michigan for brunch and then Giants Stadium late afternoon for major tailgate party. NSX is currently on jack stands being prepped for couple thousand mile trip to Nevada in a few weeks. She will be in Scarsdale though prior to NSXPO.

Have a great day gentlemen! :smile:

Would love to meet up with you guys on Sunday but I got an old rock band rodey pal in from Michigan for brunch and then Giants Stadium late afternoon for major tailgate party. NSX is currently on jack stands being prepped for couple thousand mile trip to Nevada in a few weeks. She will be in Scarsdale though prior to NSXPO.

Have a great day gentlemen! :smile:

Rich,

We'll definitely miss your sweet sounding exhaust on this trip. My Cowboys have a bye-week so not going to miss any NFL action. Driving to NSXPO from NJ? Wow...if it were me I would have my X shipped to and from, while I sit back in first class sipping on wine and snacking on cheese/crackers :biggrin:

Lets try and get a bunch of people for a final, end of the season run! Maybe next weekend? Mt Fuji? Ideas?

Lets try and get a bunch of people for a final, end of the season run! Maybe next weekend? Mt Fuji? Ideas?

I am in for a run, but Bear Mountain is too far for me. I put enough miles on this year. and still have a 300+ mile Turkey run that i will be doing for charity.

Arista5 stop it and enjoy that beast of yours, you can't take the miles with you when you leave this planet.

Arista5 stop it and enjoy that beast of yours, you can't take the miles with you when you leave this planet.

i know, i was told that when asked to do a bull run style rally to florida this winter, I declined that one too.

i have been averaging 500 miles a month since buying the car.

i have been averaging 500 miles a month since buying the car.
And your point is what? If you look at the driving season here as 6 months, that's 3,000 miles a year, my 7year old 02 has over 55,000 miles on it and it's just about broken in!!!

Driving to NSXPO from NJ? Wow...if it were me I would have my X shipped to and from, while I sit back in first class sipping on wine and snacking on cheese/crackers :biggrin:

C'mon Steve! First Class is not what it is cracked up to be since Concorde left us! More fun on the road.

Must admit though, I will be using Larry B's loaner bra for the drive through TX, NM and AZ! :biggrin:

Have decided last minute to ship back now (Iowa-based carrier is meeting me in NV). Need to be home in time to vote in the mid-terms.

So I guess that I somewhat concur with you Steve on this one, but routinely share Mike's thinking when he says:

Arista5 stop it and enjoy that beast of yours, you can't take the miles with you when you leave this planet. :smile::smile:

The weather tomorrow still looks good. So far we still have ssangkal1001, dynamic, kingkong...

Any others?

Simon, what time should we meet up? Pick a spot and let's make this happen!

Sorry I'm out. my bike club has an early morning ride to montauk so I fugure there is less bike days left than nsx days b4 storing, have fun and be safe.

you guys are all talk...:tongue: I will coin a new phrase in your honor....bench meeters......:biggrin:

Back