• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

NY Times : In Fastest Field Ever, the World’s Fastest Man Proves It Again

06sprint-bold02-popup.jpg

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/06/sports/olympics/usain-bolt-of-jamaica-defends-gold-in-100-meters.html
“It was wonderful,” Bolt, 25, said. “I knew it was going to be like this. There wasn’t a doubt in my mind.”

It was the fastest collective 100-meter race in history, with seven of the eight finalists running under 10 seconds. And four years after Bolt won gold at the Beijing Games, he again crossed the finish line with everyone else looking at his back. He had promised that these Games would again be his stage, and so far, he has brought down the house.

“It means one step closer to becoming a legend,” Bolt said.

He became the first man to successfully defend his Olympic 100 title in competition on the track. Carl Lewis won at the 1984 Los Angeles Games and finished second at the 1988 Seoul Olympics, then was awarded gold after the Canadian sprinter Ben Johnson tested positive for steroids.

I predict Bolt the winner of the 200m with a time of 19.26-19.28s and Blake, second, at 19.4-19.5s. This is no headwind, of course :biggrin:

I predict Bolt the winner of the 200m with a time of 19.26-19.28s and Blake, second, at 19.4-19.5s. This is no headwind, of course :biggrin:

I agree, Bolt has Quite a bit of top end. Hope Jamaica pulls off another gold with record breaking times in the 4x100 like in Beijing.

Since I'm from the Caribbean, it gives me great pleasure watching athletes from the region perform in such legengary fashion. Bolt is nothing short of a phenomenon. I'm especially pleased with Kirani James, he has a great attitude and talent to match and he's a compatriot. I'm really pumped by the track and field events, which is usually all I pay attention to at the olympics, although I must confess I just had to watch Phelps. Finally I have a more memorable moment than watching Lewis Hamilton win his first championship. It's a great time to be alive.

Back