• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Oct. 22nd or 23rd Drive and Meet

Red

Legendary Member
After a great meet today lets plan a bigger meet and drive for 22 or 23rd

Questions:
1) Preferred date? Sat or Sunday?
2) route reccos - forks of credit? Other suggestions?
3) Meet location? (My place again?)

(Note: today we had 2 Yellow and 3 Reds, so we need Dave to even up yellows, and a three Blacks and Whites!)

Saturday would be better for me. The rest doesn't matter! Let me know.
Sean

Saturday works better for me as well. Forks of the credit should be spectacular around those dates, and maybe a little more spirited run just north of there? :)

I don't mind meeting up at Stuart's, although it may be out of the way for the mississauga folk, and the people coming from London+Waterloo.

Should we try and round up some ferrari's too, or do we want to keep it strictly NSX?

Red said:
(Note: today we had 2 Yellow and 3 Reds, so we need Dave to even up yellows, and a three Blacks and Whites!)

Hey, don't forgert silver!
I could possibly make it but my work schedule is ever changing these days. Got this Saturday lined up for Mosport though :biggrin:

To all the Silver, Green, Orange and Blue owners: I am sorry!

Please understand that I didn't intentionally segregate the minorities!
We are equal opportunity drivers here!*

*Ferrari Drivers excepted, some conditions may apply, see store for details

Last edited:
can we make it Sunday guys please because im at importfest at the Rogers center on Saturday :mad: ...i really would like not to miss this or any NSX meets!

thanks, Nathan

red_dragon said:
can we make it Sunday guys please because im at importfest at the Rogers center on Saturday :mad: ...i really would like not to miss this or any NSX meets!

thanks, Nathan

I'm hoping that we'll do two, Sat AND Sunday, this way nobody misses out.

It seems like Saturday afternoon is best (from what I see/hear) but that there may be a smaller group for a Sunday drive.

Perhaps a Sunday Dinner thing could work for all to attend as well?

(I have a F430 and Porsche Turbo booked for Sat afternoon so far!)

A friend did a group drive up on hwy 13, which he said was twisty with good elevation changes. Unfortunately that's kind of far (just north of barrie). I like the idea of forks of the credit and then some backroads around there, but it would be good for someone to do a dry run to map out the route to make sure we don't hit any dirt roads. I don't know if Daria still has the route he mapped out a couple of years back?

If we're going to have a lot of cars, it'd probably be a good idea to also get a couple of FRS radio's for the lead and trailing car at the very least. Anyone have a set? If not, I think I can borrow a set from a friend.

Arshad said:
A friend did a group drive up on hwy 13, which he said was twisty with good elevation changes. Unfortunately that's kind of far (just north of barrie). I like the idea of forks of the credit and then some backroads around there, but it would be good for someone to do a dry run to map out the route to make sure we don't hit any dirt roads. I don't know if Daria still has the route he mapped out a couple of years back?

If we're going to have a lot of cars, it'd probably be a good idea to also get a couple of FRS radio's for the lead and trailing car at the very least. Anyone have a set? If not, I think I can borrow a set from a friend.

I have two FRSs they are sooooo cheap these days that I'd suggest buying them ($20-30 each?) I'm hoping we'll make this a VERY regular thing!

Since my car is unmoded I'm happy to drive the course in advance. Is anyone interested in coming along, on Friday mid-day(ish?)

Do you already have a route planned out Stu? Or were you thinking of just driving around in that area and mapping something out? My suggestion is something that is around 45-60 mins, and then perhaps stopping off at a local restaurant for lunch or whatever.

I like the idea of a 45-60 min drive & lunch. Keep me posted!

Arshad said:
Do you already have a route planned out Stu? Or were you thinking of just driving around in that area and mapping something out? My suggestion is something that is around 45-60 mins, and then perhaps stopping off at a local restaurant for lunch or whatever.

I had my wife's motorcycle route that I had planned for last week. I was just checkign with my buddy Randy who just did a drive with his 512 BB, an Enzo and various others - he did the forks but warned about some speed traps around the area - lets hope for a wider Police Strike!

I'm hoping we'll take it easy, I just had a nightmare
nsx_20030205_003.shtml
sent by one of my guys!

http://www.wreckedexotics.com/nsx/nsx_20030205_003.shtml

(Why didn't the image work?)

Attachments

• nsx_20030205_003.jpg
    nsx_20030205_003.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 203
Last edited:
Sat aft works for me - but lunch may be a little light - maybe a later lunch as the kids have swimming till 11AM.

Neither Sat AM nor Sun AM work at all.

SPA_S2000 said:
Sat aft works for me - but lunch may be a little light - maybe a later lunch as the kids have swimming till 11AM.

Neither Sat AM nor Sun AM work at all.

We'll do anything to accomodate our fellow mellow yellow! :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: <-Yellow!

Darn, it looks like my wife already had something planned for the 22nd, but I should be able to get away for the drive portion of it anyways.

Can we set up some tentative times so I can plan accordingly? My suggestion is meeting up somewhere in caledon near forks of the credit around 12pm for the drive, and leave at 12:30pm sharp. For those on the east end, we can have a short pre-meet at Stu's place around 11am and drive from there to the meeting point (if that's ok with you Stuart?).

If the planned route takes an hour let's say, plus whatever time to get to the restaurant, we can have a late lunch at 2pm. Unfortunately I won't be able to stick around for the lunch, but I'm really looking forward to the drive and will probably bring my 6 year old as well (it will be the first time in the NSX for him!)

As far as FRS radio's go -- I don't know anything about them. Can you pick up any brand/type, or do they have to be on certain bands?

Do these timings work for everyone? Can we also get a show of hands as to who will be coming?

I forgot that my sons 1st BDay party is sat aft - so Im definatly out for anything on sat. Ill have a house full of guests all weekend, which prob takes me out for sunday also. Maybe not though - Im not a great host.

Arshad - let me garmin it up and then see how long it is and then go from there.. but it will be later on in the weekend..

for now, if one of you all can do some of those twisties, and check it out would be great..

SPA_S2000 said:
I forgot that my sons 1st BDay party is sat aft - so Im definatly out for anything on sat.

What better presesnt than to take him on a nice ride in the country :biggrin:
Did 400+kms yesterday at Mosport, have to see more of you guys out there!
Most likely I will be able to make this drive and looking forward to it but long range forecast looks like rain :mad:
Guess that means it will probably be clear weather though :biggrin:

Arshad said:
Darn, it looks like my wife already had something planned for the 22nd, but I should be able to get away for the drive portion of it anyways.

My suggestion is meeting up somewhere in caledon near forks of the credit around 12pm for the drive, and leave at 12:30pm sharp.

For those on the east end, we can have a short pre-meet at Stu's place around 11am and drive from there to the meeting point (if that's ok with you Stuart?).?

absolutely! C'mon down!

Arshad said:
As far as FRS radio's go -- I don't know anything about them. Can you pick up any brand/type, or do they have to be on certain bands?

Any FRS will do, I was in costco yesterday and had a look, they are selling two options: $50 for two will get you a basic pair (Partner up!) and $80 will get you a pair with headsets (probably much better, sadly I own a set now, so I'm going to research aftermarket voice activated headsets) All the new ones come with NmHi (rechargeable) batteries but most come with one stand that recharges a pair, which is shitty if you're going to share your set with another NSXer, unless you're know them and see them often.

WRT - Frequencies, they should all inter-work, there may be issues with newer ones that use digital code scrambling since they need to "marry" each other. My suggestion: Buy Motorola, they have strong tech support (here, not in china) and if we all have the same brand we're (kind of) assured compatability.

Remember, I own two, so I have one to share, someone call my second unit (pref someone near me!) and its yours for the drive.

Arshad said:
Do these timings work for everyone? Can we also get a show of hands as to who will be coming?

Si, Senior, I will drive with you, and I hope to bring some of my dirty little Ferrari driving amegos too!:biggrin:

Back