• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

OEM Battery

I put a new OEM battery in my '91 NSX 7 months ago. I tend to drive my car primarily on the weekends. The past 2 weekends, I've had to jump the battery. I read the FAQ section on batteries and realize there seems to be quite a draw on the battery when the car sits idle. Is this normal? Should I invest in a battery tender or charger or should I have my electrical system checked for excessive draw. Thanks. Scott

I measured the draw on my 91's battery at 35mA, that's not a lot but it will run the battery down but it can take 1-2 months. When I have my car sitting over winter I do provide charging for the battery. I think the battery is rated for 65AH so at 35mAH drain it takes about 10 weeks to drain, at least on paper.

I would take the Battery back to the dealer you must have gotten a bad one. Unless you have some electrical problem causing an unusual drain you should not have to jump start you car after only a week of sitting. With the battery under a year old they should replace it free.

Last edited:
Back