• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

OEM center caps

I am ordering Acura center caps for my (ex-)Honda NSX. I have solaris silver 7-spoke OEM wheels... I constantly see "A"-logo or "acura"-logo on USDM wheels. What is available for solaris silver? Is the "A"-logo only available for blade silver wheels?

thanks a lot
Giuseppe

ps: somebody interested in original H-logo center caps?

They should be available in either of the two colors, with two different part numbers, same logo.

I'll be happy to trade my solaris silver Acura center caps for a set of solaris silver H (Honda) center caps. e-mail me.

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 30 October 2001).]

Giuseppe,

If you are doing a Honda/Acura conversion, Would you be interested in exchanging your rear tail light assembly (I assume they are Honda) with the Acura US version)?

Thanks!

------------------
========================
91 Silver/Black NSX
90 BLue/Black Miata

sanchin,
thanks for the interest but I already swapped the rear logo on my tailights. Furthermore mine are not in perfect status (they have some mionr scratch in the center part border) and the euro/japan darker color is more appealing on a silver nsx, in my opinion!
smile.gif

Ciao Giuseppe,

I need to practice my Italiano. Don't laugh too hard!
biggrin.gif
It's still touch and go on whether I move to Roma. Either way I will be there for the baptism of my best friends new baby. Maybe I'll get to swing by Zürich.

Perchè il cambiamento da Honda a Acura? Una persona detto il mio Acura NSX essere più importante in Italia anziché un Honda NSX. è questo reale? Perchè una persona desidererebbe un Acura contro un Honda?

BTW riconoscete la bellezza italiana nel avatar sotto???

------------------
hejo
Speed%20of%20Heat.gif

Lake Oswego, Oregon
95T Blk\Blk SportShift

Hi hejo, I'll answer in english... better for me to practice it (but your italian is good! why do you speak italian?).

The Acura in Europe is exotic! Nobody, and I mean NOBODY (also many Honda dealers) know about the existence of this brand... the NSX is fabulous and amazing when you see it... but then "they" discover it is an Honda and almost everything vanishes. The opposite happens with a Mondial
wink.gif
but, of course, I prefer my NSX 1000x!

Also at NSX meeting it is nicer: you differentiate from others... Honda in US is much more respected than here also
frown.gif

Honda = Cheap for euorpean... that is sad, I know.

ps: your signatire picture is so nice... also the swiss Enzo made something similar and in nsxsc.com forum there was some "strange" discussion about it (too erotic? come on!
smile.gif
). Sometime it is you american that are strange
wink.gif

Originally posted by gheba_nsx:
Hi hejo, I'll answer in english... better for me to practice it (but your italian is good! why do you speak italian?).

Che cosa accade sempre. Il mio desiderio degli amici per parlare inglese. Devo parlare italiano perché tutti gli miei amici non parlano buono inglese. Che cosa se vengo al contatto delle donne belle dell' Italia? Ci sono molte donne belle in Italia. Come un deposito della caramella. Molte scelte e tutte hanno un buono gusto.

------------------
hejo
Speed%20of%20Heat.gif

Lake Oswego, Oregon
95T Blk\Blk SportShift

Thanks Ken,
I received them today... now I am at work but I have to find a way how to put them on before evening!
smile.gif

I'll send you back mine as soon as the "Acura" ones are installed.
Is there a way to do it without removing the wheel? Even at an Honda dealership? I do not have one near the office...
frown.gif
but as said I have to change them asap. Even if I'll have to do it manually with the OEM tool tonight...
wink.gif

ps: once the wheel is off, how to extract the cap without scratching it?

i think the only safe way to remove the caps without scratching the wheels or center caps too much is by removing the wheel. Once the wheel is removed then the caps can be carefully pushed out from the inside using your fingers or the back end of a screwdriver…

DanO

What he said.
wink.gif

It's very easy to scratch the caps and/or wheels if you don't take the wheels off.

Giuseppe, if it's easier for you, feel free to wait until the next time your car is in for service before removing yours and sending them to me. I won't be using the caps for the next five months while my car is in storage.

Ken,
it is what I wanted to do... wait for a service. After 10 (=ten) minutes I opened your box I was already in the underground garage of the office building trying to change them...
tongue.gif

Definitely I will not go home tonight without having them on...
smile.gif
I already organized the swap at a friend's house where a lift is available!
biggrin.gif

Back