• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

OEM Head Unit Error

Thanks for reading yet another OEM head unit thread :redface:

I think I'm having two confounding issues - the usual speaker amp failure (random popping & squealing) and this strange display on my head unit:

IMG_5342.jpg

Basically, it displays random characters, the 'clean' light on the cassette deck is lit, and the antenna goes up whenever I turn the key to the first 'on' position. None of the buttons for the stereo work (I can't turn it off nor switch modes), and I can't make the antenna retract unless I turn the car off completely. Makes me look like I'm driving an RC car :tongue:

I'm going through troubleshooting the speaker amps, but I couldn't find any info on this particular head unit issue. Can anyone tell me if my head unit is dead?

For the time being u can unplug the antenna. Then it wont raise up. I would remove the headunit. Open it up. Look inside and spray it with compress air. Maybe it need a good cleaning? Other then that, you may need to send your amps in for repair. But that's where i would start. If you can find a local nsx that would lend you their radio to test your amps, you can try thats.

Back