• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

OEM Honda NSX bag & holder

Wow, we must have tapped a dormant demand in the community ...... :eek: :wink:

The list has now grown to include 24 with commitments:

coolnsx
AU-NSX
sjones
Norm
RyRy210 (possibly 2)
AutoVation
tk
kibbage
CDX_NSX
Iroar
Wheelman
fleet-man [from NSX mailing list]
Andreas [from NSX mailing list]
NSXSOON (shouldn't this be nsxnow LOL!)
startsfriday [from NSX mailing list]
gqkindofguy [from NSX mailing list]
RTnel [from NSX mailing klist]
kswift
quickslvr
Ticomba74
bluethunder
SoCalDude
m

Last edited:
IM interested let me know!!! Ill paypal you anytime.

Folks, we are at 22, and there seems to be no end :eek: :wink:

At some point we need to make the cut off either at 18 or 24 (we need multiples of 4 or 6 for best price packaging); or do another group buy based on how many Hirofumi can locate - and how many will come through with their commitments when its PayPal time.

Since we have such a huge response any chance of getting some of the units in tan instead of black? :rolleyes: Thanks, Gil

nsxjapan said:
Price is JPY21,000(5%tax included. USD185).

I can order to HONDA, but I think they have no stock now.
I confirm it this weekend.

So, how many bags do you need?

Are Prime members paying $185 + actual ship or $250?
It would appear that Hirofumi is giving us quite a discount. Is most of this disount being passed on to Prime members? I don't mind paying for help, but $65 to cover shipping for each bag seems excessive, since they are being shipped together.

If the count is at 22, that would be $1430 (22 x $65) over the actual cost of the bags.

Count me in as well!

In case you are not aware, I should note that unless you do some modification to the brief's bracket/hook, if you have a Comptech or DaliRacing harness bar, it will interfere. You might get away with the lower pouch but the brief will be a problem. I am not sure if it will also interfere with Science of Speed's new harness bar. Since Chris has ordered a few map bags as well, I am sure he can test it once his order arrives.

If this changes anyone's commitment noted thus far, please notify us immediately.

I'm also curious to know the answer to this, since it hasn't been addressed.

Registered User said:
Are Prime members paying $185 + actual ship or $250?
It would appear that Hirofumi is giving us quite a discount. Is most of this disount being passed on to Prime members? I don't mind paying for help, but $65 to cover shipping for each bag seems excessive, since they are being shipped together.

If the count is at 22, that would be $1430 (22 x $65) over the actual cost of the bags.

I'd love to be added if possible. It would look and work great in my black interior! Paypal is standing by.

The list as of today has grown to 25. Hirfoumi just confirmed two hours ago that he has "secured" 18 based on his post above. He will soon get delivery. Once I get the final cost from him, I will post the final cost to you.

With 7 more requesting map bags, we might end up doing another group buy depending on whether all of those who said they are "committed" come through with payment.

I will try to honor the priority of the orders received by trying to make it relatively simple for me and fair to you all. If within 72 hours of my final post with all the details I don't receive PayPal transfer through a bank account transfer from the initial 18 on the list below, I will start accepting from the rest of the people on the list (from 19-25). The moment I have 18 confirmed PayPal payments with no pending issues, I will notify you all that the list is now closed. If you are one of the 19-25 on the list and initiate a PayPal before the 72 hours are up - which I would encourage you, I will put you in queue to be the first after the 72 hours deadline. If all the initial 18 on the list come through within the 72 hours, I will refund those who were in the queue waiting.

Please note that the PayPal must be through personal bank account, ie, an e-check transfer and NO credit card transaction (the latter would be a pending issue and I will not consider it as payment in good faith). I am not set up for credit card and that is why I will save you the 2.9% plus $0.30 PayPal fee; and yes I have already checked with PayPal with 6 e-mail exchanges and final phone conversation :wink: So you all have plenty time to put your ducks in order to be ready.

coolnsx
AU-NSX
sjones
Norm
RyRy210 (possibly 2)
AutoVation
tk
kibbage
CDX_NSX
Iroar
Wheelman
fleet-man [from NSX mailing list]
Andreas [from NSX mailing list]
NSXSOON (shouldn't this be nsxnow LOL!)
startsfriday [from NSX mailing list]
gqkindofguy [from NSX mailing list]
RTnel [from NSX mailing klist]

------

kswift
quickslvr
Ticomba74
bluethunder
SoCalDude
m
X-Toy

Cheers,

Hrant

Last edited:
I would like one set as well. Like some earlier posters, I would prefer tan if a batch can be ordered in tan, but black is OK too. I understand about paypal from a bank account, and am set up and ready upon confirmation.

Hopefully, someone can later post here the exact installation instructions, so we can find those holes in the firewall behind the driver without turning the material behind the seat into swiss cheese in the process!

Chip

calexand said:
<snip>
Hopefully, someone can later post here the exact installation instructions, so we can find those holes in the firewall behind the driver without turning the material behind the seat into swiss cheese in the process!

Chip

Hirofumi was kind enough to have the instructions translated into English with edits on the actual instruction sheet when we did the group buys 5 years ago. I still have that and will include it in an envelope (used for local shipping label) with my shipping. Unless I see visible damage to the individual map boxes shipped from Japan, I don't intend to open the boxes and check the contents.

As for starting a second group buy, let's wait until we see how many of the initial 18 come through :wink:

I definitely am in! I have paypal set up... let me know if in first group/second group... and thanks for doing this!

Offering a status update.

Our friend Hirofumi has received the first set of bags and is trying to address the new post office rules regarding shipping requirements - sounds very familiar to our local post office issues no :wink: Last time he was able to stack 6 and package them as a single shipment; this time, his local post office wants all six in one box/container and not stacked. So, he is out and about looking for boxes. Actually this might help minimize any damage in shipment.

Once we finalizing the shipping set up/costs from Japan, I will be able to post the final price. Stay tuned.

Folks, 5 of the map bags arrived yesterday! Hirofumi is packaging the other 5 while he still tries to locate more map bags. These are apparently in short supply even in Japan.

Shipping was done via air mail, insured, and it was not cheap but then they arrived in perfect condition within 4 days of his shipment. It added about $27 cost per map bag. Since Hirofumi opened the boxes to check the contents before shipping - making sure, I will not open them. I will put the English translated instructions in an envelope taped on the box that will have your shipping address.

As noted in post #42 above, I will offer the first batch of 5 to those who are on the list of 18 for the first 72 hours, thereafter to the next groups.

Since Hirofumi has not invoiced me yet (and I have asked him several times - he wants the bank wire transfer done after all items are shipped and tallied so we save on bank wire costs), we estimate that your cost should be about $240. California residents please add sales tax of 7.75% for a total of $258.60.

Those who want to wait until the very actual cost numbers are finalized, they may do so at their peril. Those who are ready to get the first batch at $240, go ahead. Please use the Category of Purchase type "service" when you select the type of PayPal transaction otherwise I will consider your order as incomplete and you go back to the list. PayPal account is [email protected]

Thank you for being patient. I know you will enjoy using them.

Hrant
KHrant Enterprises

Last edited:
Back