• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

OEM keyless entry malfunction

My OEM keyless entry stopped working on my stock '02. Batteries were recently replaced, and red LED on the remote unit indicates it is sending signal. Yet, there is no response from door locks. Anyone have any ideas?

Check the fuse on the wireless brain. under the glove box. The fuse is part of the wiring harness. If you search, you may find pictures of this wiring harness.

Last edited:
if you have another remote try that. if you only have the one remote then try and hold the button down for 7 seconds you may get lucky

if that doesnt work then do what Warrenw posted.

any update on this? Same thing happened on my 1993. Red light comes on both of my keyless transmitters. I checked fuses and wiring and nothing is blown or cut.

Thanks for the update. I was going over mine yesterday which had flaked out. Turned out the sensor on my hood was a bit off and was preventing it from working. Really strange considering I haven't moved the car in a few months. haha

Back