• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

OEM NSX-R Honda Red Pads NA1 NA2

These are the brake pads installed by the factory as OEM on the NSX-R, they are a special more-aggressive compound, which has great braking characteristics, and are a favorite of several JDM tuner shops.

The OEM Honda NSX-R "Red Pads" offer great bite, with minimal fade, and minimal dusting - they are a special compound produced for Honda by nissin, the same manufacturer of your factory NSX brake calipers. This compound was created by Honda to maximize the performance of the NSX braking system for use on the NSX-R supercar; it is the best brake pad for the factory brake calipers.

I have (4) total sets of brake pads; 3 sets of fronts, and 1 set of rears. The NSX uses the same pad shape for all years of nsx, 1991-2005, so these will fit all nsx years, NA1 or NA2, 1991-1996, as well as 1997-2005 with the increased brake rotor diameter (pad size and shape remained the same with this brake diameter increase).

When purchased from the dealership, front Honda red pads are 54,400JPY, the rear red pads are 45,000JPY; this is around $1100 for a new set at Japanese dealership cost. There are individual prices listed, or I will sell all of the pad sets for $500 shipped (3 front sets, 1 rear set). I take paypal, and ship using FedEx.

1. OEM NSX-R front red pads, comes with shims, these look new - $225:

DSC06159.JPG

2. OEM NSX-R front red pads, pads only, have minor use, approximately 80% pad life remaining - $175:

DSC06160.JPG

3. OEM NSX-R front red pads, pads only, these were installed in my (1994) NSX for about 12000 miles; they were removed when I sold my OEM calipers. They have approximately 40% pad life remaining, this is a great way to try the red pads on your car, $95:

DSC06161.JPG

4. OEM NSX-R rear red pads, I have the pads and original parts box, these are in good shape, with 70%+ pad life remaining. Rear brake pads do not have a dividing line down the middle, these have a great deal of pad life remaining - $150 for the rears.

DSC06162.JPG

Last edited:
Back