• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

OEM to NSX-R Bonnet

For all those considering this mod, keep in mind that ....

you will need to freight your aluminium bonnet to Queensland, and back

when you get the bonnet back from the metalworker it will still need lots of work by a very good panelbeater to fill and sculpt the rough aluminium joins and whole duct rim area, prepare it for painting and paint the whole bonnet, matching the colour to your guards and bumper.

If you're contemplating a fibre duct under the bonnet beware that this is a modified aluminium bonnet NOT a replica carbon fibre bonnet, and the underside of the aluminium bonnet is not compatible with ducts designed for carbon bonnets, due to thickness of the OEM aluminium strengtheners.

I haven't added up the whole cost when I did it, but i must be well over $3,000, maybe $4000 after all the above is considered. But if you're up for all this --- it's well worth it.

For all those considering this mod, keep in mind that ....

you will need to freight your aluminium bonnet to Queensland, and back

when you get the bonnet back from the metalworker it will still need lots of work by a very good panelbeater to fill and sculpt the rough aluminium joins and whole duct rim area, prepare it for painting and paint the whole bonnet, matching the colour to your guards and bumper.

If you're contemplating a fibre duct under the bonnet beware that this is a modified aluminium bonnet NOT a replica carbon fibre bonnet, and the underside of the aluminium bonnet is not compatible with ducts designed for carbon bonnets, due to thickness of the OEM aluminium strengtheners.

I haven't added up the whole cost when I did it, but i must be well over $3,000, maybe $4000 after all the above is considered. But if you're up for all this --- it's well worth it.

Yes, as Chris mentioned it's a big job all up. The OEM NSX-R Duct will fit however. The Downforce duct does not.

Back