• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Official 2013 Scion FR-S by Night Import

How's it going guys (^-^)v
I attended yesterday's Scion FR-S debut and wanted to share some photos. Enjoy!

Official Scion FR-S coverage: http://www.nightimport.com/2011/12/nightlight-2013-scion-fr-s.html

6436216637_823fe8e548_b.jpg

6436217897_f7d8f7f05e_b.jpg

6436221139_1660901bc5_b.jpg

6436230215_f6752a42fa_b.jpg

6436231227_1a371a3c69_b.jpg

6436232329_1ffba0eaa4_b.jpg

6436239395_3527076a8b_b.jpg

6436244421_9b049d9d1f_b.jpg

6436250515_9f94c98db1_b.jpg

6436242443_ebee4cb3fd_b.jpg

6436241431_602e559047_b.jpg

6436263149_2d0da4e35a_b.jpg

6436195573_a75fcdc85a_b.jpg

I was looking at the first pics and thinking the first thing I would do is lower it, swap the wheels, and put on an exhaust and a BBK.

Well, a few scrolls later...Greddy answered my wish!
6436241431_602e559047_b.jpg

Got any interior shots?

Thanks for posting btw!

Looks like the Japanese are copying the design from the Koreans.

When can we get something similar to the third generation Prelude (BA3/4/5/7) or the fourth generation / T160 Series Celica, just modernize them and I'll be a happy camper.

Loved the concept car; hate this.
I saw the Five-Axis concept and that thing is absolutely beautiful in person. So many curves that simply do not translate on photos. I don't hate the production version but they did fall short I feel :frown:

I dont like the grill inserts, its different from non-american markets. Its seems too flush, needs to be recessed more to give more depth and aggressiveness. We'll see how long before theres a panda bear paint scheme with tofu delivery written on the side.:tongue:

from the side, it looks like a genesis coupe
Looks like the Japanese are copying the design from the Koreans.

When can we get something similar to the third generation Prelude (BA3/4/5/7) or the fourth generation / T160 Series Celica, just modernize them and I'll be a happy camper.

ohh man, 92-96 4th gen prelude all the way!! its lines still look great

from the side, it looks like a genesis coupe

ohh man, 92-96 4th gen prelude all the way!! its lines still look great

Agree about 4th gen preludes! But i can't complain when 2 brand new cars are coming out of Japan especially when they are focused on the driving experince and handling:) with a few mods these will look sick!!!:wink:

They are built by subaru, and the subaru variant is identical mechanically as far as anyone can tell.

Although it might seem like the Genesis coupe in the pics, the size is extremely small in comparison.

If you do plan on purchasing one, all you need to do is to swap out the badges because Toyota 86 and the Scion FR-S are nearly identical. Only difference is that you'll be driving a LHD Toyota 86.

True, but people know what it is.
I think they would have been better off to double the price, double the horse power and give it a Toyota badge. The looks of it are really good. The Scion badge just is a big turn off.

True, but people know what it is.
I think they would have been better off to double the price, double the horse power and give it a Toyota badge. The looks of it are really good. The Scion badge just is a big turn off.
Perhaps for some it's a turnoff. You have to wonder though if we are their intended market. I think buyers in our market is just a bonus for the Toyota Income Statement. From a business perspective.. if they gave this model to Toyota the Scion brand would be pretty much worthless. That's like saying they should have gave the LF-A to mother Toyota instead of brand it as Lexus.

These are halo cars for their respective brands intended to boost sales for the grocery getting 4 door volume seller. I think branding is a huge consideration for these companies.

Just my $0.02.

My wife works at Toyota N.A. and has collegues at Scion (the building next door). One of the primary reasons this went to Scion was because the brand is struggling in the US. The target market also better fits the Scion branding (as you can see, branding is very important to Toyota NA). Lastly, it was finally an opportunity for Scion to get a car that was initially released as a Scion car for the US market; as opposed to taking an existing car that had been around for years from another market and rebadging it as a Scion for the US market.

Finally, RYU posted this in another Thread. It shows the size differences of the Genesis, Mustang, 86, & Miata.
original.png

Last edited:
Let's just be happy Toyota decided to make this car in the first place. It's great for the entire auto industry.

What's really interesting about that image comparo is how long the wheelbase on the Scion is especially in relation to the front and rear overhangs. The overall length of the car isn't much more than the MX-5 but the wheelbase is dramatically much longer.

Let's just be happy Toyota decided to make this car in the first place. It's great for the entire auto industry.

Exactly. With all the 'eco-friendly' productions happening today, I'm actually appreciating Toyota's action on creating a car many of us asked for.

I really don't understand what the issue is with this car having a Scion badge. Toyota, in the US, never had intentions of building a 'performance' car anyways, so for them to market it as a Scion was actually a good choice. That's just me though :)

Last edited:
Why can't anyone make a pretty car anymore? This concept was pretty damn good lookin' and this is the result?? Oh and the 2006 Z4 called and wants it's taillights back.
tail_light.jpg

Loved the concept car; hate this.

yes (well not hate...but) they really messed up the front and rear lights (stolen bmw style?), looks like aftermarket civics that have different car companies lights mashed onto them.

edit just saw the post above me! :D

Back