• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

offset 19x9.5 +45

These are for the rear, will these offset work? I'm looking to get flush to the fenders. I'm thinking of running 275 on them or will 265 work better.

thanks

I don't completely agree with CarCrazed4Life, but much of his post does make sense.

It all depends on if you want the wheel flush or the tire flush.

First lets talk about getting the rim and the tire flush:
You can run a 275/35/19 tire on a 19x9.5 wheel and the tire will be pretty squared off with the rim. Running the same tire on a 10" wheel will cause the tire to be stretched thereby not making the tire be as flush with the rim.

To have the rim pretty flush with the fender you'll need to be running a 19x9.5" +29 offset or equivalent. By equivalent I mean using this calculator to get the outer position "the same".
http://www.1010tires.com/WheelOffsetCalculator.asp

The following picture is a 19x9.5" wheel with a +23 offset and a Kumho SPT 275/35/19 tire.
IMG_0516.jpg

A +45 offset wheel with the same tire will be inward by 22mm. In my opinion that would NOT be flush.

I don't completely agree with CarCrazed4Life, but much of his post does make sense.

It all depends on if you want the wheel flush or the tire flush.

First lets talk about getting the rim and the tire flush:
You can run a 275/35/19 tire on a 19x9.5 wheel and the tire will be pretty squared off with the rim. Running the same tire on a 10" wheel will cause the tire to be stretched thereby not making the tire be as flush with the rim.

To have the rim pretty flush with the fender you'll need to be running a 19x9.5" +29 offset or equivalent. By equivalent I mean using this calculator to get the outer position "the same".
http://www.1010tires.com/WheelOffsetCalculator.asp

The following picture is a 19x9.5" wheel with a +23 offset and a Kumho SPT 275/35/19 tire.
IMG_0516.jpg

A +45 offset wheel with the same tire will be inward by 22mm. In my opinion that would NOT be flush.

I agree that it depends on what you want flush. Mine is based of math assuming tires are generally 10mm difference in width. The big problem is its an assumption that holds loosely true to an average but not for all tires.

Same goes for the wheel, depends on getting it squared of with the tires. However, you can use a 275/30/19 with a 19x9.5 or 19x10, and the same offset will place the tire at the same spot. The width of the overal tire (not tread) will be more on the larger wheel.

That said, I've also noticed that OEM brakes versus Racing Brakes replacement rotors have thicker rotors at the hub part, meaning even that can cause changes in the overall math of where you want to be.

Welcome to tuning :) Nothings simple.

Yes it will work. I'm running 285/30/19 on 19x9.5 40offset rear and another set of 275/30/19 on 19x10 45 offset rear. Both these combinations give me about square sidewalls, but they're also two different brands of tires. Cheap Federal Exclaims UHP 265/30/19 stretch on the 9.5 because the tire is narrow.

I don't rub what so ever. They also don't stick out but they're not sucked in either. Since you track you're car, a little bit in is good I'm guessing so you don't chip the hell out of your paint as much.

IMG_0516.jpg

A +45 offset wheel with the same tire will be inward by 22mm. In my opinion that would NOT be flush.[/QUOTE]

Humm..this looks to be protruding from the wheel opening to me...almost 22mm worth.

IMG_0516.jpg

Humm..this looks to be protruding from the wheel opening to me...almost 22mm worth.

Are you talking about the top of the tire or the bottom? I guess my definition is for the top. Unfortunately the NSX body has some weird taperings going on, as you can see in this photo. The top and front section of the tire is flush with the body, however the rear/top section isn't.

Here is my old Gram Lights: 19x10" +35 offset with the same 275/35/19 Kumho SPT tires (note the ever so slight stretch of the tire because of the 10" wheel).
The outer edge of a 19x9.5" +45 offset wheel will sit inward by 16mm from this.
IMG_05031.jpg

However, you can use a 275/30/19 with a 19x9.5 or 19x10, and the same offset will place the tire at the same spot. The width of the overal tire (not tread) will be more on the larger wheel.
Welcome to tuning :) Nothings simple.

Yes, this is true, however remember that the outside (and inside) position of the rim will be different. So a 19x10" rim will extend 0.25" (or 6mm) past the outer and inner positions of the 19x9.5" wheel. The tire will remain in the same place, as you stated and the tire will be more stretched on the 10" wheel. This aspect comes into play with rubbing, as I learned the hard way.

Turns out that I have less rubbing with a 8" wheel on the front than I do with my current 7.5" wheel. The offsets are such that the outer position of the rim are the same (about 6mm difference). The rubbing is because the tire is stretched on the 8" tire so the center of the tread is more inward than it is on the 7.5" wheel. Sounds confusing and would probably make more sense if I could draw a picture, but I don't have time. Haha.

Back