• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Offset Guru's....if I...

If I have 19x10 inch wheels in the rear, with a 40+ offset(hypothetical situation), and I add a 15mm spacer..... what is my offset now? :confused:

I think that if you add a spacer, it should be 40+15 = +55. The lower the offset, the less fluched it goes inside the fender...

I think that if you add a spacer, it should be 40+15 = +55. The lower the offset, the less fluched it goes inside the fender...

This is incorrect. Bunta is correct.
It's +40 -15mm = +25 overall offset. (Btw, this will definitely stick out past the fender on a stock bodied car)

The higher the offset the more the wheel goes into the fender (hence why the stock wheel offsets are in the +55 range and they are really far in past the fender)

The lower the offset the more the wheel sticks out away from the body of the car.

This is because offset is the distance from the centerline of the wheel to the back of the hub in millimeters. If you add a spacer, you are essentially attaching the spacer to the hub therefore making the distance to the centerline LESS.

The lower the numerical value, the further it goes towards the outside. The higher the numerical value, the more it goes in strutside...

Yes, you are correct... What I listed above was the reverse... Doh !!!! I'm dumb!!!! Lol

This is incorrect. Bunta is correct.
It's +40 -15mm = +25 overall offset. (Btw, this will definitely stick out past the fender on a stock bodied car)

The higher the offset the more the wheel goes into the fender (hence why the stock wheel offsets are in the +55 range and they are really far in past the fender)

The lower the offset the more the wheel sticks out away from the body of the car.

This is because offset is the distance from the centerline of the wheel to the back of the hub in millimeters. If you add a spacer, you are essentially attaching the spacer to the hub therefore making the distance to the centerline LESS.

I appreciate all the responses.

I have to see what the offsets are on my wheels, because I've added 15mm spacers before, not currently. 40mm offset was just a hypothetical number.

So, according to this info, if I run 19x10's with offset of X, when I add a 15mm spacer, this gives me an offset of (X-15mm), and this gives me 15mm(a little more than half an inch) worth of room for a wider wheel on the backside.

Thank you again, I'm just curious how this offset stuff works, as I'm looking into new wheels.

:smile:

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/tech/techpage.jsp?techid=101

Yes an know... the offset is the centerline of the wheel +/- in mm the numerical value... So in essence, even if you have a 15mm spacer... and you add 0.5" of wheel width, your offset will be the same as a 10" wide wheel but 0.25" will get added on both sides...

Just FYI,

I was cleaning my rear wheels yesterday(off the car) and I finally took a look at the offsets. The rear's are stamped with ET43, 19x10's.

So, since I have a 43 offset, with the 15mm spacer(which I sometimes run/sometimes do not run) I have an offset of 28 with the spacer.

Pretty aggressive... :smile:

Thats phat...I run 18X10 with a 43 offset and it is at the edge of the fender. I cant imagine what it looks like with a 15mm spacer. Pics?

Thats phat...I run 18X10 with a 43 offset and it is at the edge of the fender. I cant imagine what it looks like with a 15mm spacer. Pics?

My buddy is an amateur photographer, with some really nice equipment. I plan on having him take some nice pics here shortly. I'll try getting those posted sometime soon. :smile:

Back