• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Optima choices.

I went with the Odyssey dry cell PC925. I recently had it replaced under warintee. They were very good about it as well. I was really impressed with there customer service. I would purchase another one in a heartbeat. I went with the smaller version which is a little bit undersize for our cars. I just keep a battery maintainer on it all times when it sits for any length of time.

Last edited:
^^^ have had the same battery for many years.... also use a float charger.

I like everything about an Optima except that cells seem to break with a stiff suspension car.

My RX7 with Koni yellows in full soft mode and 450 spring rates on my ground control went through 3 Optimas Red.

I gave up and went with some standard Costco battery for less $$$$ and ZERO headaches.

However, my GTO came with an Optima Red when I bought it at 20k~ miles and it's still on there after 115k~ miles. However, it seems to barely have enough cranking amps to start up a GTO engine + blower.

I prefer the blue top Optima since they are deep cycle which means that if you accidently discharge them completely it won't phuck up the battery ....

Back