• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Ortega/Palomar Run 2016 - Sunday Apr 24

I put the NSX in the shop for some minor paint correction 3 weeks ago and was told at that time I would have it back in 3-4 days. It's still there with a promise to have it back tomorrow (thursday). Even if I DO get it back before the weekend it's too soon for the soft paint to get road rash smacked so I will NOT be bringing the "phantom NSX" (did I really get one?). However........I am looking forward to kicking JC's butt with the Miata. :biggrin:

Three weeks for a paint correction???:mad:

No NSX, no yellow deli....that was part of the deal:biggrin:

Saw it today at the bodyshop....looks good. Ready to rock...almost.

"Ready to ROCK"......that's the whole problem in a rockshell. Thursday ready date is now Friday (probably end up being Saturday---IF it's this week). No "green paint" on an NSX romp. My personal rule. You'll just have to put up with me being obnoxious in my Miata.

- - - Updated - - -

Three weeks for a paint correction???:mad:

I rejected their first attempt and made them paint it again........so they put the car at the back of the line again. Owner actually told me if I wasn't happy with the color match this time I didn't have to pay anything. I'm hoping they get it right..........I do not mind paying if they match it properly.

This weekend begins Passover and the Yellow Deli will be CLOSED from tonight THROUGH next week..............(that includes Sunday) I just got off the phone after confirming. Back to plan A ??

You are going too fast. If you slow down, you'll get less rock:smile:

You gonna show up????

- - - Updated - - -

This weekend begins Passover and the Yellow Deli will be CLOSED from tonight THROUGH next week..............(that includes Sunday) I just got off the phone after confirming. Back to plan A ??

Ok good looking out!! We can do Mexican (Jilbertos) or Nessy Burger

Sorry guys last minute trip, I won't be able to make it, next time! Have fun!

See ya'll in the AM...
likely meet at Temecula though if I wake up early and feeling skippy I might do an early lap on Ortega and meet the OC crew along the way
I'm in :biggrin:

You gonna show up????

- - - Updated - - -

I figured this route is too short so I took a 1800 mile drive to Canada visiting my parents instead:biggrin: Mom is not doing well. Man, its cold up. It snowed last nite:eek: It was fun going thru the Rockies.

What a great drive today. Nobody was in our way on Ortega or Palomar so we were able to go at a very fast pace the whole time:biggrin: For all that didn't go you missed out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Mark for setting this up, we had a great time on the drive and at lunch at Nessy Burger.

Last edited:
What a great drive today. Nobody was in our way on Ortega or Palomar so we were able to go at a very fast pace the whole time:biggrin: For all that didn't go you missed out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Mark for setting this up, we had a great time on the drive and at lunch at Nessy Burger.

Well, I'm not too sorry I missed out on going fast. I got to ride and bring up the rear on a 26 mile ElliptiGO ride in San Diego. Oh, and they are hooked on my brownies, now, too. :smile:

BTW, the guy wearing the white helmet, in the front is Bryan Pate, the Co-Founder and Co-President of ElliptiGO. He goes on most of the organized rides. Super nice man. I'm in pink, if you didn't know.

Thanks to all those who showed up!!! Small group of die hards got to enjoy one of the best Ortega/Palomar runs I've EVER been on... Once we got past the the trailer at the start of the warner springs portion, it was by far the most amazing open road we've ever enjoyed thru Warner springs and on to a wide open Palomar mtn. I'm still full after that Nessy burger:redface:

Will post pics soon!!!

Small group of die hards got to enjoy one of the best Ortega/Palomar runs I've EVER been on...

My first time doing Palomar... thanks to the organizer(s)
I drove early to OC and met the gang to drive over Ortega and it was our mountain to enjoy... if you didn't go, you missed out
A damn good, serious driving run, challenging, clear roads (except for dumb RV guy), and awesome scenery
The run up and down Palomar reminded me of one of my favorite drives in Arizona (191 / Devil's)
That Nessy burger was the best I've had in a long time, legit burger
See ya'll when I see ya

Back