• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Other things to service whilst replacing clutch?

I'm planning on replacing my clutch this winter and was wondering what things can be serviced easily whilst the gearbox / clutch is out?

I'd rather not replace the clutch then realise I could have easily replaced various items whilst there. I guess I should at least inspect certain things.

Cheers

Crankshaft Main Seal for sure. 91214-PL2-003

Last edited:
Cheers for the thoughts so far.

I already have the OS Giken LSD & 4.4 FD and JDM short gears.

If anyone has part numbers handy for the items already mentioned it would be appreciated but I'm sure I can find them if I look for them :smile:

I did my clutch a few years back and replaced the rear main engine oil seal and all trans oil seals, input shaft and halfshaft ones to be specific

I'm planning on replacing my clutch this winter and was wondering what things can be serviced easily whilst the gearbox / clutch is out?

I'd rather not replace the clutch then realise I could have easily replaced various items whilst there. I guess I should at least inspect certain things.

Cheers

Back