• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

ourrrr wieeee

I went to the new track and got a little too excited with the high speed corner.. off at the track-out and rode the FIA curb.

result, broken front lip, bent air defractors, a couple dent on battery tray.... not really care.

Header got scraped a little, (i need a new one soon anyway)...

Here's the problem, the brace underneath is bent and seems like touching the test pipe.

Can someone please give me some suggestion if I need a new one?? The car drives fine... didn't notice any difference at all.

Attachments

• DSC00502a.jpg
    DSC00502a.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 134
AHH - just take it off and run it over with our tow vehicle - wait it is an nsx , you probably don't have a tow vehicle...

Ferrand,

It looks like you damaged your triangular chassis brace going off. It exists to give the sub-structure added strength.

I can't see clearly from the pic but it looks like it may have a good fracture on the side. You can't just bend back aluminum and achieve the same degree of strength/integrity. Like a coke can, it's once and done.

While I am sure it could be repaired, it is really not a terrible expensive part. I would just get another one second-hand if it looks significantly compromised.

Ferrand,

It looks like you damaged your triangular chassis brace going off. It exists to give the sub-structure added strength.

I can't see clearly from the pic but it looks like it may have a good fracture on the side. You can't just bend back aluminum and achieve the same degree of strength/integrity. Like a coke can, it's once and done.

While I am sure it could be repaired, it is really not a terrible expensive part. I would just get another one second-hand if it looks significantly compromised.

hey, my guardian angel shows up!! thanks dude, you always there to help, and I'll do so. I'm still excited about the ORP experience despite I blew a big hole in my wallet. (of broken parts/cored tires/gas money.)

hey, my guardian angel shows up!! thanks dude, you always there to help, and I'll do so. I'm still excited about the ORP experience despite I blew a big hole in my wallet. (of broken parts/cored tires/gas money.)

Fun track, isn't it? Best time?

If it makes you feel any better Andy Chenoweth did the exact same thing in his P-Car last month, bending up A/C lines on an off there. :frown:

I don't think I have a spare trapezoid brace thingy (pretty sure I shipped it off) but I'll double check just in case.

best laps, 2:03, did it about in 3rd lap in last session, then 4, 5, and 6 laps... lost concentration, pit in. then saw the corded tires all 4 corners. Called it good.

Please let me know if you still have the part.

Last edited:
Back