• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Out of Curiosity, Whats your job?

Hello all.

Just out of curiosity and if you care to tell everyone, whats your job?

Im an engineer making friction materials for disc pads and brake linings in a company called Nisshinbo Automotive Corp. If any of you work for any automotive companies, be sure to tell them about us if you need brakes!
smile.gif

Well, I'm a Q/A guy at a customer service software company here in Austin, Texas. Before (back when I got my NSX) I was a Q/A guy in the graphics lab at IBM (RISC/6000).

I've noticed that this topic comes up time and time again....

I'm a video game artist/animator at Naughty Dog .

Redeye, I see from your profile that you're into video games...I assume you've been playing GT3 (I certainly have).

------------------
--akira3D
'00 Acura NSX-T (red/black), '97 Honda Civic HX (black)
"Reality is better than the dream..."

akira3d.com/nsx

I'm a no-talent hack. In other words, I'm a video game artist (that enjoys what he's doing).
smile.gif

And that's different than akira3d. He's also an animator. He DOES have talent. I can't animate worth sh*t.

------------------
1995 NSX-T
1999 3.2TL
2001 Odyssey
1992 SC400

[This message has been edited by FuryNSX (edited 08 August 2001).]

I'm a rare art thief. The NSX is my getaway car.

When I said "I'm an IT manager at a pharmaceuticals company this really means I'm a drug dealer.

Hmm does NSXCA offer job placement?

No job placement. No benefits, no health insurance, no pension plan, no 401k. No salary, either.

Originally posted by nsxtasy:
Hmm does NSXCA offer job placement?

No job placement. No benefits, no health insurance, no pension plan, no 401k. No salary, either.

How about any members can lead me to a new direction? I need to find a good and advancement possible job in sacramento
smile.gif

or referrals

------------------
'92 Sebring Silver NSX #181

My name is Mr. Wolf. Some refer to me as "the cleaner". I drive a 91 Sebring Silver.
smile.gif

------------------
-------
95 T bl/bl @ 39K
DC Headers
RM DTM Exhaust
CT Strut Tower Bar

I work as an Information Security Consultant.

My second job is webmaster for the Allante Appreciation Group (www.allante.org). That job doesn't pay either but my other car, other than my NSX is an Allante. I love both of them.

Cheers,

JAM

[This message has been edited by JAMMAN (edited 08 August 2001).]

I think it is pretty self explanatory, but that includes accountant, HR, grief counselor, wild animal wrangler, customer service, PR, etc, etc, etc
rolleyes.gif

------------------
Gary Yates
1995 Red/Tan

I am the Online Coordinator at a newspaper here in Monroe. I designed and maintain our website. http://www.thenewsstar.com

Obviously, I cannot afford an nsx
frown.gif

I am always looking for a better opportunity though if someone has a lead!

------------------
NetViper -= 100% Stock EBP 2000 Civic Si =- Still looking to get an NSX, but at least I can live life at 8,000 RPM!

I like talking business almost as much as I like talking cars.
smile.gif

I am a founding partner in a small web development firm (12 people). We plan, design, and program mid-level (10k - 125k) site development projects.

We have our own proprietary site management software (email newsletters, dealer listings, product management, press release management, etc. etc. etc.). We are good at creating cost-effective sites with loads of both form and function. We are especially good at working with Flash.

About 30% of our clients are motorsports-related:
www.dunlopmotorcycle.com www.denso-iridium.com www.sparcousa.com www.nittotire.com(go check out their online drag racing game we made, the NSX is in there) www.calcarcover.com www.enkei.com www.focalwheels.com www.speedoptions.com www.apexi-usa.com www.erionracing.com www.edelbrockwheels.com www.dazzmotorsports.com
Meguiars (a new site in development, not their existing site)
And some others I can't recall right now.

We have also done stuff for Dreamworks Records, Apple One, SBC, Alterna hair care, + a host of other non automotive companies.

I also am the coeditor for NSX Driver, the official newsletter of the NSX Club of America.

End of advertisement...

And that's different than akira3d. He's also an animator. He DOES have talent. I can't animate worth sh*t.

Randy, thanks for the kind words, but are you saying that the only artists with talent in our industry are animators?
tongue.gif

[This message has been edited by akira3d (edited 09 August 2001).]

I own a Salvage yard in Florida.Late model imports.

Joe

------------------
97 NSX-T
93 Supra TT
92 Talon AWD ( For Sale )

Originally posted by ANYTIME:
Man whore and gigalo
eek.gif

retired gigalo and now just an executive man whore doing business managment consulting

really I'm an exec manager responsible for strategic marketing and planning in a large company

[This message has been edited by hejo (edited 10 August 2001).]

Originally posted by JChoice:
I am a founding partner in a small web development firm (12 people). We plan, design, and program mid-level (10k - 125k) site development projects.

Wow that sounds familiar. I just left a company called Redline Media (with 10 people) that does exactly what you described. We did sites for Paul McCartney, the Emmys, Eddie Cheever, Scott Goodyear, Digital/Alta Vista, and many others. A lot of the sites used Flash (www.myclassiccar.com for example).

I was a Senior Software Engineer there by the way.

The coolest project we did was a system that streamed live race car telemetry to web browsers. We used it during the 1999 and 2000 Indy 500's to stream telemetry from Eddie Cheever's (in 2000) and Scott Goodyear's(in 1999) IRL cars.

Anyway, I now work as a Senior Programmer\Analyst for Ascension Health's Information Systems Division.

One more thing...when I grow up, I want to be a game programmer. Unfortunately, I am already 33 so I guess I am a grown up - drat. I'm pretty good with DirectX if any of you game guys need that kind of work from a guy who wants to stay in Evansville, IN - yeah, I know...I should keep dreaming.

Matt

------------------
2000 NSX-T
Silverstone/Black
8500 miles
No Mods

[This message has been edited by NSXForEver (edited 11 August 2001).]

Back