• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Paint chip prevention

I live in colorful Colorado, land of never-ending rock chips. Any advice in avoiding my front end from becoming polka-dotted? What is a clear bra? Is this a removable item or some sort of spray on material? What is the risk of a bra causing paint fade marks?

Eric

Its a thin plastic like material. I believe it's completely removable. I've heard great things about it, but it's kinda pricey. Try a search, it's been discussed here before.
Regards
- Z

The film material you discussed is a 3M product that has been discussed many times. Several NSX's at NSXPO had it and the owners were very satisfied. My memory of Colorado is that gravel roads are everywhere, might be hard to avoid.

clear bra

:cool: Hi Clear bra or Invinca-Shield or Star Shield is a clear film of 3m product. It is 8 ml thick and is pre cut to your car. It will not fade or crack or yellow. I have clear bra's from Star shield and Invina-Shield on my cars . Also it may me removed from your car anytime and will not damage your paint!!!

1Shadow4U

Thanks for the replies. I've found the product and look forward to using it. I wish it was as easy as not tailgating. I've had a windshield broken when I was passed by a car going the opposite way!

Waymilky

Back