• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Paint Taitec diffuser or not?

Should I paint Taitec diffuser red to match car?

• Total voters
Should I paint it red on the outside only? Inside of diffuser will be black

4965IMG_1097-med.jpg

NSX-Racer said:
Maybe you should have prepared a 3rd option - guess what :wink:

yellow? and make it look like a ronald mcdonald car?! :biggrin:

Juice said:
Paint it? What are you smoking? :eek:

just to make sure i'm not that crazy .....

8573nsx31.jpg

rear%5B1%5D.jpg

attachment.php

NSX-Racer said:
Not quite. Remove it and make it look like a NSX again:tongue:

unfotunatly, my taitec also acts as an air channel and my intercooler core sits in there, so i have to keep it.

4965MAM_NSX-med.jpg

evof575gtc said:
i'd leave it. but if i were to color match the car, i'd have it covered with a vinyl sheet. cheaper than painting. and less worry about rock chips. and always reversable.

thats a great idea evo, I never even thought about that. Thanks
Kevin

ktan said:
just to make sure i'm not that crazy .....

[/IMG]

Yes, your crazy! :biggrin: My point was IMOthe CFRP lay of that particular piece looks incredible. I used to have one and thought it was beautiful. And I think it would go well with his red car.

I personally think he should not paint it. The car looks great as it sits. However the vinyl idea is a good one. If you like it red then leave the vinyl, if you don't like it... remove the vinyl, easy enough.

If you are looking for show - then paint it.

evof575gtc said:
i'd leave it. but if i were to color match the car, i'd have it covered with a vinyl sheet. cheaper than painting. and less worry about rock chips. and always reversable.

This is a great idea that I have also recommended to people that really helps with the decision....and like you said the best part is if you dont like it you can take it off...VERY easy to match too if its red,black,silver,white....others may be more tough to match.

Good luck!

I would vote for vinyl. I think it looks much nicer matched with the body color.

leave it alone, by the way your car is hot! :biggrin:

Back