• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Palomar Drive 1/19/08

Re: Palomar Run 12/8

This awesome weather is supposed to continue into next week. The route is being planned and the day is drawing near. Come join us!

update:
SD County Drive :cool:
When: Saturday, January 19th @ 8:45am
Where: Park between Mobil and CVS Pharmacy

Going:
1. Randy (Fury TL-X; 2G TL/NA1 NSX)
2. Luis (SDCLS; 2G CL)
3. Ivan (sandiegodrive; 3G TL)
4. Garron (GRich4U; 3G TL)
5. Santos (Santos-TL; 3G TL)
6. Tony (F1 Tony; 3G TL)
7. Dave (Daves_X; NA1 NSX)
8. (PLZ; NA2 NSX)
9. Jim (NSXsd; NA1 NS)
10. Fred (FF Drifter; Legend)

Maybe:
1. Josh (roca619; 2G TL)

GO CHARGERS!!!

Don't worry. This is only the first of many for this year. We had about four or five total runs last year.

Only a few more days for this weekend fun. Join us on Saturday!

Hey everyone. Looks like we will definitely have some great weather for us to drive in tomorrow. I hope to see all of you listed there and would like it if anyone else interested to make it out to this. I promise it will be fun.

See ya bright and early! :biggrin:

Re: San Diego Drive, Jan. 19, 2008

Thread title is still wrong. It should read
San Diego Drive, Jan. 19

I've set the route. I'm purposely avoiding driving up to Palomar Mountain, since the recent high winds have probably tossed debris from the fires all over the place. Tomorrow's drive should be more "scenic" this time around.

See you guys tomorrow.

-Randy

I don't know Poway and am really confused by this. Are you saying that you should park your car between the Mobil and CVS? On what street? Or is there some sort of state or local park nearby? If so. what street is the park located on?

BTW, I have clicked the link to the map in two different posts on this thread, and gotten TWO DIFFERENT LOCATIONS for the meeting place. One location is on Poway Road, and the other location is on Scripps Poway Parkway. These are two different roads on the map.

Is it possible just to give a street address for the location? This would help a lot, since I could plug it into my GPS unit.

Hmm. That's weird that yougot two different locations on those links.

But we will be meeting in the lot in between the Mobil 1 gas station and the CVS pharmacy which are just off of the 15 freeway and Scripps Poway Parkway.

Just in case you need to contact me (Luis), my number is 619-549-4645.

I'll see everyone tomorrow!

I don't know Poway and am really confused by this. Are you saying that you should park your car between the Mobil and CVS? On what street? Or is there some sort of state or local park nearby? If so. what street is the park located on?

BTW, I have clicked the link to the map in two different posts on this thread, and gotten TWO DIFFERENT LOCATIONS for the meeting place. One location is on Poway Road, and the other location is on Scripps Poway Parkway. These are two different roads on the map.

Is it possible just to give a street address for the location? This would help a lot, since I could plug it into my GPS unit.
For the sake of easy GPS searching, use this address:

CVS, Scripps Ranch
10575 Scripps Poway Parkway
San Diego, CA

The CVS is on the south side of Scripps Ranch Parkway.

The morning sky is clear both down here and up in the area of the route. See everyone in a bit!

SD County Drive :cool:
When: Saturday, January 19th @ 8:45am
Where: Park between Mobil and CVS Pharmacy

Going:
1. Randy (Fury TL-X; 2G TL/NA1 NSX)
2. Luis (SDCLS; 2G CL)
3. Ivan (sandiegodrive; 3G TL)
4. Garron (GRich4U; 3G TL)
5. Santos (Santos-TL; 3G TL)
6. Tony (F1 Tony; 3G TL)
7. Dave (Daves_X; NA1 NSX)
8. (PLZ; NA2 NSX)
9. Jim (NSXsd; NA1 NS)
10. Fred (FF Drifter; Legend)

Maybe:
1. Josh (roca619; 2G TL)

GO CHARGERS!!!

91X,

Are you going? I can't due to not check the forum early enough, and have other commitments:frown:

^Worry not my friend. We will definitely be having another go by the beginning of to middle of March. Keep an eye out for a thread.

And to those of you who made it out to this today, thanks for making your way for our drive. Nice meeting all of you fellas! :cool:

Can't wait for any available pics and I will be posting whatever videos that are made from the shots from today.

Until next time....oh. And GO CHARGERS!!

I was waiting for a Randy to post his pics in here. But I'll post a couple of them for you guys to see. If you guys have pics to share, please do post them. I'll get the video running in here as soon as it becomes available.

These two are some of my favorites:

IMG_0855.JPG

IMG_0859.JPG

The rest can be found here:
http://furyxx.0catch.com/pages/2008-SD_County_Drive/index.html

Thanks guys!:biggrin:

Sorry, I bailed out in the middle of the run.

My friend and I were getting bored stuck behind commuter traffic. We decided to back track to Julian and have MOM's famous apple pie and ice cream instead. Plus, we had to get back to make a lunch appt.

How was the rest of the trip? Did you guys get stuck in traffic? Hopefully next time we will get to drive up to Palomar and avoid the traffic.

I was nice seeing new faces and meeting you guys.

Sorry, I bailed out in the middle of the run.

My friend and I were getting bored stuck behind commuter traffic. We decided to back track to Julian and have MOM's famous apple pie and ice cream instead. Plus, we had to get back to make a lunch appt.

How was the rest of the trip? Did you guys get stuck in traffic? Hopefully next time we will get to drive up to Palomar and avoid the traffic.

I was nice seeing new faces and meeting you guys.

Sorry you didn't get to stay for the whole ride - later on there were some great spots with little or no traffic and lots of twisties at speed. What a blast - I'm looking forward to the next one and I have a friend who will probably ride with me as well.

Back