• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Park Place in Bellevue, WA

Hello,

I am currently looking at this NSX but have read horror stories on the internet about Park Place:
http://www.parkplaceltd.com/vehicle.aspx?s=blank&year=1996&make=Acura&modelNSX%20Targa&inv=304&vin=JH4NA118XTT000456&pos=3&current=1&size=50

I was wondering if anybody has seen/test driven this car, or dealt with Park Place in the past? How was your experience? I am from the East Coast therefore want to know if it's worth my time to fly to Bellevue to check it out or not.

The customer who created this website (http://parkplaceproblems.com) must have been extremely pissed off to have created a dedicated site.

Thanks for your comments and suggetions

Hello,

I am currently looking at this NSX but have read horror stories on the internet about Park Place:

http://www.parkplaceltd.com/vehicle...vin=JH4NA118XTT000456&pos=3&current=1&size=50

Gary is right on, they have developed a fitting reputation for high prices. Pushy/shoddy sales tactics as well. Unless you are fine with as-is and firm; if you do fly out.. probably opening yourself up to getting jerked around on that trip (e.g. now they know you now have money/time invested, etc...). 40-42K 11 year old NSX with 57K at premium pricing in January.... not a great start. Like hmmm.... I think that some one needs to stop in and inform them that the internet boom has since ended. :rolleyes:

You can buy a brand new or near new 05 for mid to low 60's... and one of our local owners just bought his NA2 with 3.2L and 6spd with similar mileage for about the same price a few weeks ago. Most dealers would happily get rid of one if they had it and the for sale section is doing fine.

Hello,
I was wondering if anybody has seen/test driven this car, or dealt with Park Place in the past? How was your experience? I am from the East Coast therefore want to know if it's worth my time to fly to Bellevue to check it out or not.

As a former customer buying an NSX with them... don't get me started. :mad:

I gave them multiple chances.

I wasn't really at all impressed. I paid very well for mine. They say hind sight is 20/20 and I don't need Lasik to tell that they took advantage of the situation. Very pushy. Especially the insistence on holding a note for 60 days and paying for premium financing from their preferred lender I didn't need... as a 'personal favor' so they could realize yet another kick back. Too many things just just shouldn't have been my problem and I shouldn't have had to settle for. :cool:

Premium pricing, full retail for all options, $350 tint jobs, etc... in one line... I was paying them to work for me to get what I wanted.... and it was like the other way around.

The closer for me. Later, as a repeat customer, they jerked me off a second time on a trade/deal between me, them, and another recurring customer that had been worked out. As I stood there waiting for the paperwork to be completed and the title transfered they took advantage of the state of the interim paperwork and upped the price by a lot. Hardly ethical. They also took the low road and tried to insist the problem was me- the over-paying anal customer. I walked. :frown:

Chalking it up to the salesman, years later I then tried to test drive an Elise and was given a total run-around, and have never gone back since. They lost me as a customer for life. Live and learn. Now I just read about the stories on the Lotus and other forums and grin. :cool:

Personally if it was me - if you can't tell already - I wouldn't buy a go-cart from them let alone recommend the stress and hassle of flying across the country for that 'special' price on their red 96 with 57K. Nothing special there. Start a thread, and let the NSX community help you find a real deal.

Hello,
The customer who created this website (http://parkplaceproblems.com) must have been extremely pissed off to have created a dedicated site.

I hadn't seen that site before. Sure, overpaid/under delivered. Pissed enough to create a web page. Look at my surprise. :rolleyes:

Their are always CRM exceptions and bad apples on both sides, but putting things back on a 155K Lambo customer is 9X out of 10 a cop-out in that line of work IMO. Making well paying people and celebrities happy IS their job. Ask anyone in the industry. It's a finance business first and auto second. Good owners hire good sales staff to set customer expectations properly. NOT jerk them off and try and take advantage. They also manage their books so they don't have to hang on to every last sale. To the trained eye details speak volumes.

The other thing, I will say this... I've been around real old money on real high end lots in Cali, FL, NYC, etc... (e.g. Boardwalk the next step up the ladder) and anyone with a name that's really worth a shit first has real inventory (PP frequently has used cars that just 'show up' as otherwise they just have a bunch of paid consignments parked abouts creating the look). Second, trained sales staff that are no where near as condescending and judgmental as half of those posers. I was absolutely floored by the way one of their sales staff treated one of the Porsche track enthusiasts at one social on their floor. Pulling that east coast/west coast car value and social status BS out of the hat... WTF low class lot do they recruit from? They must think everyone are all dumb shits on sports car performance blowing that kind of smoke up his ass.

I'm not sure what kind of buyer you are. Everyone is different obviously. If blowing money to feel better is your gig or service first cost second... hell, I still wouldn't send you there. Seattle is peanuts. Their are plenty of dealers in better places that actually do care about their reputation/service and maintaining a long term business relationship.. and have no interest in dicking you around with a used NSX or finaggling over how much business your worth to them today before cutting ties after the papers are signed tommorow.

I'd take the article for what it was worth. I saw all the same signs. IMHO if they can't afford to back out a deal or take a car then they aren't the big dawgs they think, and probably shouldn't be in the damn high-line business. People are paying handsomely for A++ service, they should get it on a silver platter.

In closing, one thing I've learned is that real quality business and service isn't tested when everything goes fine, it is tested when things go south.

Thanks for your comments and suggestions

Look... PP drama aside, the thing to know is that with any of these places... to some extent it's the nature of the beast... overpaid/under deliver is frequently the standard when buying high end used cars off flashy expensive lots. As a general rule, car dealers are best for buying new cars. These days they really earn their bread and butter money on used cars/trades because most people have no idea what cars are really worth.

Once you get into the exotics... it's not like their are that many out there anyway and it costs real money to hold them. All they do is stick themselves between you and the real owner and take a huge cut for delivering a vehicle as-is. Many times doing a favor for a more profitable customer (whom they really do value) at your expense. Forget all the sales lies and BS. If you can use google and find nsxprime then you are as qualified as their monkeys to find and inspect your next Honda.

I know many are scared of dealing with private parties or have only bought new, yadda...

But... writing big checks in a flashy showroom legally guarantees nothing more, and their over head isn't your concern. You want piece of mind? Instead of spending 5% on commission spend 5% on a real thorough independent inspection. Put the 5% into a reserve account. Buy an extended warranty. Whatever.

In the specific case they were not even an authorized dealer and it was likely delivered as-is after a $80 detail. I'll bet they didn't even change a single fluid in that vehicle or inspect the brake pads or torque the lug nuts... so the owner paid for but did not receive what he expected in that instance. Exactly what I found.

Bottom line. Ever hear the expression "race on Sunday sell on Monday"? My advice is you should be supporting your own racing effort, not Chris/David B's. They seem to be doing just fine with that S7R.

Last edited:
Ummm....yeah, what John said! :tongue:

(I've been in there a number of times, I think of it more as my personal dream museum than a place I'd buy anything!)

Sure is fun to touch tho!
:)

Hi guys, I spoke with a sales rep at PP and told him that I would require a PPI by a third party - either dealer or NSX enthusiast/mechanic.

Just wondering if anybody in the Bellevue area would be able to drop by to check out the condition of the car, before I jump on a plane to come check it out. Nothing to lose (other than a plane ticket) as far as checking it out and will get a chance to visit some friends on the West coast.

Thanks in advance

Forgot to mention that I appreciate everybody's comments and that I will take into consideration everything mentioned above. I will peform the necessary due diligence prior to consideration.

Thanks again.

Back