• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Part Number for Aftermarket Timing Belt... Whats your input.

Hey, I am curious to see what you guys have to say regarding aftermarket timing belts. I've used replacements from BANDO, to even goodyear belts on previous cars before but now my nsx is a different story.

$150 for the belt alone is a lot to spend especially for a belt. I found aftermarket belts on Ebay for a decent amount from $30-50+. For that price i would feel a whole more comfortable buying. Of course i will only choose a name brand belt which i can feel confident in. Brands like Bando, Gates,

I went ahead and decided to try this out...

Bando TB329 - According the the Bando website catalog, it shows fitting for

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bando-USA-T...Parts_Accessories&hash=item415bcd36ba&vxp=mtr

As far as timing belts, I would only go up rather than down in brand/quality. I have considered Toda or Power Enterprise timing belts over Honda.
OEM price is a small price to pay over bent valves. While Gates makes excellent belts/hoses ect, this is not an Accord engine. If an Accord belt snaps, no harm, no foul. Your belt snaps, well, it's your decision.

Well.. From what I see, honda actually uses bando belts from the factory or as factory replacement..
Incorrect Honda uses Japanese Unitta belts for the NSX.
I my self am very picky when it comes to such critical items as timing belts & water pumps.

I generally only sell OEM or the OE supplier of timing belts,
In case of Ferrari's and Maserati's I use Dayco which is there belt supplier, for NSX i mostly use OEM Honda or Belts from Unitta's parent company.
As for the waterpump mostly we use refurbished OEM pumps or new OEM pumps.

A snapping a belt on a NSX isn't a pretty sight and it's very costly your looking at ether intensive total rebuild or a engine swap.

- - - Updated - - -

BTW,
That E-Bay listing is for a J-Series belt, NSX is a C-Series engine all 90-05 NSX's use the same belt (yes both C30A and C32B)
C32A or C35A won't fit as they are SOHC same counts for C27A belts, I've seen those mislabeled in the past.

Last edited:
That's what I was afraid of.. I already felt it too good to be true regarding the j-series belt. As for honda belts, from what I remember bando is one of their suppliers as well. Considering how acura labels their new alternator belt bando. Looks like I should ask for a refund. Do u know if the 05nsx alternator belt or power steering belt fits the 96?

not sure if its different in other countries, but if u check out the acura estore search up a alternator belt, they sell bando belts, as for timing belt, I don't know what brand that is.

Last edited:
Back