• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Pauly Acura of Highland Park, IL

OK, so I have been trying small things with a few of the Chicagoland dealers (oil changes, exhaust install, etc) to try and see who was going to get my larger business when the time comes (clutch, timing belt). I live 2 hours from the closest dealer. My last experience was at Acura of Libertyville and they were nice but this weekend Darin and Pauly Acura went the extra mile to get all of my future business. The story is short so here it is for anyone who is intersted.

I ordered a new front lip and a side marker for my door and Darin gave me a price I was happy with. He said it would take about 2 weeks to come in. One week later I got a postcard and a call informing me the parts were in. I went there Saturday to pick up the lip, but it would not fit in the car without bending it. We were short on time becuase we had a wedding to go to but Darin said for $20.00 they would put it on and it would be right in and out. Ten minutes later my car was done and I got the bill from Darin. To my surprise they had taken off an additional $35.00 from the original quote AND they decided not to charge me any labor to put the lip on. Needless to say it is the small things that make a big difference, I now have a new dealer! Thanks Pauly
smile.gif

Aaron
94 Green/Tan

Pauly Acura is pretty good, and Darin in parts is particularly helpful. They had two NSX techs (Chuck and Craig) who were both qualified; I heard that Chuck left there but may have returned since then. (Anyone know for sure?) They are my second choice, and are one of only two (out of nine) Chicago area dealers that I would trust my NSX to.

Woodfield Acura in Hoffman Estates (847-519-9550) still does the most NSX service of any dealer in the Chicago area, and they are my first choice for NSX service. They have two excellent NSX techs who know the car inside and out. Their parts department also provides excellent service. They have installed short gears and R&P and Comptech equipment on NSXs as well. Great people, great service.

For those in Wisconsin, Acura of Brookfield in west suburban Milwaukee also provides outstanding NSX service. Furthermore, Acura of Brookfield has a lot of experience installing aftermarket NSX performance modifications, including the BaschBoost supercharger. It may well be worth the 90-minute drive from the Chicago area if you need specialized service of this nature.

Those of us in the Chicago-Milwaukee area are fortunate in having our choice of three excellent dealers for NSX service.

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 08 October 2002).]

Pauly is my "regular" service dealer -- Darrin Kick (assistant parts manager) is a great car guy and a big fan of Senna, F1 and the NSX. Chuck Rohlwing (more senior of their 2 NSX techs) is now back after being sidelined with a leg injury... both Chuck and Craig do great work.

John and his folks at Acura Brookfield are probably the best in the area, particularly with aftermarket engine / transmission / chassis work. They've done a lot of Comptech work (including IEM and CTSC) as well as BBSC installs. Lots of experience with tranny / clutch work too, particularly with aftermarket products.

Manuel

Back