• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Photoshoot of 3 cars from Honda's golden age + Intro

Hi Prime!

My name's Colin. I've been a huge Honda fanatic my entire life, and last Friday I was able to put a deposit down on the car I've been dreaming of every day. You guessed it, I will finally be part of the NSX owner's club! I can't wait. The NSX is literally my favorite car of all time, and I've been fortunate enough to be able to snag an excellent example of one. I pick it up sometime next week once my money clears, so no pics of it yet.

Until then, I wanted to share with you a photoshoot I did of my Prelude, and 2 of my friends' nicely modded Hondas.

6845427117_10d336ae5e_b.jpg

6845427391_ea3e89967f_b.jpg

6845427675_f734b605bc_b.jpg

6845427939_0f576f3b21_b.jpg

6845428149_8113ef30bc_b.jpg

6845429379_27fbe43807_b.jpg

6845429981_b1124bbf6e_b.jpg

6845429559_7555262d26_b.jpg

6845428321_d8723cacb3_b.jpg

6845428561_53ea1b9fe8_b.jpg

6845428725_30cd021118_b.jpg

6845429741_ea210b6c23_b.jpg

6845428893_41c7b27e0a_b.jpg

6845430179_74c18aa26c_b.jpg

6845428993_b3e13112df_b.jpg

6845429187_76f7a0538e_b.jpg

6845430361_30dccf2711_b.jpg

6845430537_42e3489c3a_b.jpg

I'm really happy to be (almost) part of the community, and look forward to tapping into the immense knowledge that is on this board!

-Colin

Welcome. Your Prelude is one of the nicest I've seen. Very tasteful. You going to Mod the NSX the same way?

Welcome. Your Prelude is one of the nicest I've seen. Very tasteful. You going to Mod the NSX the same way?

Thank you! I really appreciate the compliment. I've had the Prelude for 12 years now and it's been a slow evolution into what it is today.

I certainly have plans to mod the NSX, I am going to take my time and make sure to do it right.

It's stock, so I plan on driving it stock for some time so I can really get a feel of the car. I am experienced with cars in general (go to track events with the Prelude often), but am inexperienced with RWD, so I'm really excited to see the handling performance of the NSX.

I think the mod path will start with suspension first, and I'll go from there :)

Well, if you're a Honda fanatic you've came to the right place! :tongue:

I miss my Type R, and I'm pretty fond of those wheels...

DSC05494002.jpg

Thanks everyone!

Well, if you're a Honda fanatic you've came to the right place! :tongue:

I miss my Type R, and I'm pretty fond of those wheels...

DSC05494002.jpg

Nice DC2R! And you're no stranger to nice wheels!

Really nice. ITR owner here also. They really should have done a Prelude R. :)

Thanks! Yeah, it would have been cool, but the Prelude was never that popular of a chassis, and was considered more of a luxury coupe, so I'm not surprised no Prelude Type R came to fruition. That being said, there's a Type S Prelude (Of course the US never got it), which is only a step or two away from being an R.

Very nice pics and cars!. Where were those shots taken? Looks like a airbase of some sort? After an auto-x event? In the West?

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome :)

You know the 4th generation prelude owners would say that generation is better? :smile: That is a clean 5th gen, glad to see there are people with taste around.

I've had my 4th gen prelude for 10 years. I think I am going to try to keep it for another 10.

I love the 4th gen too :) I was not surprised to see a lot of NSX owners coming from Preludes. Good taste through and through!

Very nice pics and cars!. Where were those shots taken? Looks like a airbase of some sort? After an auto-x event? In the West?

Thanks!

Yeah, it's an old airbase that we got access to because ITR owner is an officer who patrols the base :)

It's the El Toro Airbase out in Socal. They fairly recently turned a lot of it into a big park, although the airstrip is off limits to normal people.

Nice! I'll always have a soft spot for ITR's (even if they were converted to look like accords :) )

Clean prelude, congrats on the inbound NSX!

I love the Prelude. Just the right amount of upgrades, nothing excessive. :cool:

Thank you!

The car's been through a slow evolution into what it is now (if you didn't see the above post have had it for 12 years), and I am happy that I have always kept it clean throughout the years. Everything on it is authentic, including Mugen side skirts and rear wing, which are incredibly rare because all the ones you see are knockoffs.

One of the Brides is going to be moved to the NSX though, so semi lopsided, but perhaps that's just more driver focused badassness? haha.

Welcome to the family.

Take your time....read these forums and do your NSX exactly the way you want!

Thank you!

I definitely plan on taking my time and modding it very slowly. The NSX is literally my favorite car of all time. Even over Ferraris (although I would love to own one).

I actually plan on driving it stock for a while (it has wheels, but otherwise stock). I want to really get a handle for everything the NSX offers before I mod it. It'll be fun learning how to drive MR, especially now that I am a way better driver than when I learned how to drive the FWD Prelude!

Last edited:
Welcome to the year 2000! I do remember how those 3 hondas as well as a few others represented the golden era of the sport compact scene.

That Lude is hot, both 4th and 5th gen preludes were amazing in their time.

Nice! I'll always have a soft spot for ITR's (even if they were converted to look like accords :) )

Clean prelude, congrats on the inbound NSX!

Haha I thought I thought I was the only one who thought a jdm front integra looked like and accord lol. Still clean and sexy though. Nice rides, love imports and Hondas for ever!:biggrin:

Former 4th gen prelude owner here also....94 Azure blue green vtec with black interior 94 and first one to import blitz 01 wheels on it also. :smile:

Nice ride and welcome

Back