• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Photoshopped: RSII wheels in 3 colors

Which do you like best?

• Total voters
Thanks to the work of midnightraven, I have these 3 photos of my car photoshopped with 3 colors. We pulled the pics off the advan website so they aren't perfect but enough to give you an idea. Hopefully this will help some of you. And if you want to vote yet again, please do. :biggrin:

What I have noticed is this: The hyper silver draws your eye to the wheel. The hyper black is an in-between, and the semi-gloss simply walks out of the way and draws your eye to the rotor and caliper. It steps out of the way.

This is what I really like about this wheel. With the evenly spaced spokes, it does has no real "design" to draw your eyes to like most wheels. Even the RZ, or Weds, whatever, you are mostly looking at the wheel at it has a pattern. This wheel says "look what is behind the wheel". The goods. And I am all about the goods. I think it is a lot cooler looking to look and see brake and suspenion components.

I am thinking of chrome plating all the stoptech hardware holding my hats to the rotors. Little shiny bolts on the black hats.

What do you guys think...

Hyper silver:

DAVESNSXwithhypersilverrims.jpg

Hyper black:

DAVESNSXwithhyperblackrims.jpg

Semi-Gloss black:

DAVESNSXwithblackrims2.jpg

Hyper silver looks good on dark cars. I really like but I don't think it looks good on white car. You should go with hypersilver for your car. It looks great.

My Brooklands green is driving me crazy because half the time it looks black, and I am torn between the gloss or hyper black look.
I have the stock wheels that are fairly bright, so for the change up, I'm leaning towards the darker wheels. i wish there was a graphite that fit in between the two blacks....
Your silver would complement the gloss black with the door and window trim.
The other two choices aren't bad, that is just what I'd go with.

My Brooklands green is driving me crazy because half the time it looks black, and I am torn between the gloss or hyper black look.
I have the stock wheels that are fairly bright, so for the change up, I'm leaning towards the darker wheels. i wish there was a graphite that fit in between the two blacks....
Your silver would complement the gloss black with the door and window trim.
The other two choices aren't bad, that is just what I'd go with.

See I think a color like yours is easy. I'd go hyper black.

I also thought of the fact that my OEM's are hyoer silver looking and so do I really want another set in the same color?

Synth tells me to go hyper black.

The hyper silver draws your eyes to the wheels like you said Dave which IMO takes away from your car. The semi gloss black blends with the tires too muck on your car. The hyper black blends with your car PERFECT and that's what you should get.

Last edited:
Dark wheels will make your car look older than it actually is, silver will make it look fresh and elegant - go for silver!

Such a difficult decision. The photoshops look alright but are no substitutes for seeing the real thing, in person. I say just buy one set of each to try on, then sell the ones you don't want to keep. You're getting a great deal on the group buy (which you did a great job orchestrating!) so you probably won't have to take a significant loss, if at all, if you turn around and sell them. I'm sure there are others who are on the fence right now, but will probably want to buy after seeing photos of other members' cars with these wheels.

Last edited:
Such a difficult decision. The photoshops look alright but are no substitutes for seeing the real thing, in person. I say just buy one set of each to try on, then sell the ones you don't want to keep. You're getting a great deal on the group buy (which you did a great job orchestrating!) so you probably won't have to take a significant loss, if at all, if you turn around and sell them. I'm sure there are others who are on the fence right now, but will probably want to buy after seeing photos of other members' cars with these wheels.

I agree with this except only get the hyper black and semi gloss black. Then when you decide on the hyper black as I know you will you can sell me the semi gloss black at a BIG discount.:biggrin:..............J/K

Just get the hyper black and be done with it.:wink:

Back