• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

pic req ! 265/30 19 on 9,5 rim

hello can´t decide if i´m going 235 35 or 265 30 19 rear on ny nsx,
front will be 215 35 18
here is 235 35
9.5_235_35_R19_Falken_452.jpg

anyone have photo so i can see the stretch for 265 30 om 9,5" ??

The tires are 265/30-19 F1 GS-D3s on 9.5" rims

Attachments

• IMG_7945.jpg
    IMG_7945.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 290
  • IMG_7951.jpg
    IMG_7951.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 306
It REALLY matters what tire you are using ,I have a set of michelin ps2 265/30/19 on 9.5 it is stretched , same size in a BFG KDW no stretch , same size in goodyear F1 asymmetric no stretch , the FK-452 in your pic is narrow , size-for-size

Last edited:
It REALLY matters what tire you are using ,I have a set of michelin ps2 265/30/19 on 9.5 it is stretched , same size in a BFG KDW no stretch , same size in goodyear F1 asymmetric no stretch , the FK-452 in your pic is narrow , size-for-size

I agree with angus, the brand of tire reallyalters the characteristics of its side walls. Toyo-T1Rs are rounded on the sides, hence giving you a stretch look by nature.

hello can´t decide if i´m going 235 35 or 265 30 19 rear on ny nsx,
front will be 215 35 18

anyone have photo so i can see the stretch for 265 30 om 9,5" ??

How low do you plan on going? And how stretch is stretch? Or do you want to be HELLA stretched? :rolleyes:

I ask this because there's a big difference between 235/35 and 265/30 on a 9.5 rim. 265 on 9.5 wide will have too much tire and no stretch.

I'd say go 11 wide with low 30 offset and run 255 or 245 (if you dare). If you do this, be ready to be shunned by the local NSX owners.

IMHO. :biggrin:

I agree with angus, the brand of tire reallyalters the characteristics of its side walls. Toyo-T1Rs are rounded on the sides, hence giving you a stretch look by nature.

How low do you plan on going? And how stretch is stretch? Or do you want to be HELLA stretched? :rolleyes:

I ask this because there's a big difference between 235/35 and 265/30 on a 9.5 rim. 265 on 9.5 wide will have too much tire and no stretch.

I'd say go 11 wide with low 30 offset and run 255 or 245 (if you dare). If you do this, be ready to be shunned by the local NSX owners.

IMHO. :biggrin:

the pic i show above looks great, already hav rims, :) going so low i can hehe. anyone know witch tire it´s on the pic ? also will the abs goes crazy if i run 215 35 18 front and 235 35 19 rear ??

That won't give you "the stretch" because 265 on 9.5" rim is one of the proper sized tires that can be fitted on that width rim. 265 on 9.5" rim will give you the normal look.

I don't like stretching but if you wanna stretch, you're going to have to go MUCH skinnier. There has been some crazy stretch here on prime like 225 on 11" rim.

http://nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119138

Last edited:
Is stretched tires the "new thing" or is there a good reason why you would want stretched tires? Seems like stressing a tire by stretching it would not be good for the tire.

I think the tire I just took off my 19X9.5 wheel were 265s and they didnt look stretched (BFG G-Force).....now I have 285s (Dunlop SP9000) and they dont look stretched either but i guess since they are wider there would be less stretch right??

i never get stretching, seems like back in the days when tires weren't available as much, and there's some "Euro" tuners trier to stuff the widest wheels in the fender.. the stretched tires were the last ditch to avoid rubbing... (Hammann E36 M3 in mind..) Since those cars look bad ass, someone decided this is what they want......

if you care performance, you don't want stretched tires.

Tire manufacturers have approved rim widths specified for each tire they make. They probably have those specifications for a reason. :rolleyes:

The stretched look is preference, but it's not for performance by any means. Performance, when it comes to widths, is about the width of the tire, not the rim. It's not "the new thing" as I remember people doing this way back when I first started to pat attention to wheels and tires on cars. There does seem to be a new resurgence of the look, however.

J

Back