• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Planning a trip - Need input

Where would you go with your wife for 8-10 days?

• Moscow - St Petersburg

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Paris - Barcelona - Lisbon

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Rio - Buenos Aires - Mendoza

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Other?

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters
Planning a trip for next summer/fall with the wife. I was hoping to go someplace I have not been. This will be a 8-10 day trip. Ive narrowed it down to the following. Please give me your thoughts.

We don't want a beach vacation this trip. Kind of beached out right now. Also it doesn't have to be romantic, but it couldn't hurt.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Paris would be the best IMO. In fact, September is a perfect time to go - just after the heavy tourist season (although there are crowds all year long).

The good thing about Paris is that you can easily spend the entire 10 days there and not run out of things to do or see. You'd save a lot of time and hassle by not having multiple inter-destination travel days on your trip.

I'm actually returning from having just spent 14 days in Paris with my wife. Unfortunately, we were scheduled to fly home in to Houston on Saturday just when Ike rolled in. I've been stuck in limbo in New Jersey for 2 days now waiting for the airport in Houston to re-open. Paris is a great destination still. Highly recommended if you have never been, and are ready to adopt the cafe life-style.

Kevin T.

Paris - Barcelona - Lisboa would be exquisite. Those are three of my favorite cities in the world. You won't be disappointed.

After a lot of thinking I am going with

Moscow - St Pete - Helsinki

Might be tough in June 2009 if we are at war with Russia, however :frown:

Rio, Buenos Aires in a heart beat. I have been fortunate enough to have lived, visited or worked in all of your destination cities. I've never been that keen on Paris, but that's just my opinion. For those that like Paris, Buenos Aires is known of as the "Paris of Latin America". The cost of your holiday in Latin America compared to Europe will shock you in a positive way.

Buenos Aires is so cool and so inexpensive that I am looking at purchasing a second home there.

Just my opinion...

Have fun.

Doug

Maybe you've already looked into this...but the one problem with traveling to Russia is that you'll need a travel visa to get in. They can be quite expensive and somewhat of a process to obtain. We looked at going on a cruise that went to Russia and the downside was you could not get off the ship with out a travel visa (or unless on a cruise tour). If i remember they were going to be around 500 dollars for the 2. Seemed like that money might have been better spent on a couple of hotel nights in Paris or something. We nixed the cruise and are now going to Paris, Amsterdam, Rhine River valley area of Germany and to the Normandy Region of France.

After a lot of thinking I am going with

Moscow - St Pete - Helsinki

Might be tough in June 2009 if we are at war with Russia, however :frown:

Maybe you've already looked into this...but the one problem with traveling to Russia is that you'll need a travel visa to get in. They can be quite expensive and somewhat of a process to obtain. We looked at going on a cruise that went to Russia and the downside was you could not get off the ship with out a travel visa (or unless on a cruise tour). If i remember they were going to be around 500 dollars for the 2. Seemed like that money might have been better spent on a couple of hotel nights in Paris or something. We nixed the cruise and are now going to Paris, Amsterdam, Rhine River valley area of Germany and to the Normandy Region of France.

If you get them thru a travel agent (like your cruise company) they are about $400 for two people. If you go straight to the Russian Consulate the are about $200 for two people.

How about Brisbane or Sydney Australia??? Always wanted to go there (for the ladies :biggrin:)

Back