• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Please re-think, before you buy IForged Wheels

K2

Experienced Member
Hey Guys,

I just wanted to vent and put in my .02cent about my experience with IForged Wheels.
I purchased IForged sprints for my 2002 M5. The specs are 19x8.5 (fronts) and 19x10 (rears) I had the spokes painted in flat black.
The wheels took over 8 weeks to get to me and when I went to my guys at discount tires for the install, we found a thumb size dent on the inside of the rear wheel. We later looked at all the wheels carefully and realize the workmanship is really poor for $650-$700 wheels. Basically the weld job is for a wheel you would pay some where around $300 wheels.

The rear wheel is in process of being fixed by IForged. I was told that the wheel was shipped out, but I have not received it.(Now my amex is fighting for me). Another problem with quality, there is a chip in the front wheel. :mad:

I was told that IForged is in direct competition with HRE. That they have great design and high quality wheels. I like the look and the design, as for the quality. Hmmm.. Let me tell you who really makes the wheels for IForged. IForged Wheels office(very small) is inside of a wheel company called INTRO. INTRO make forged wheels for TRUCKS and other low end brands. Affordable TRUCK wheels! Vince, the owner of IForged buys the hubs from this guy and put his "design" on it. Vince is a young guy(25 years old), who has no skill in customer service. :mad:

I paid lot of money for these wheels, but could NEVER feel safe to take them to a track. :frown:
I hope you guys don't have to go thru what I am going thru.

Good luck and hope this helps.

Kenny

If there's one thing they're known for, it's their customer service (or lack thereof). I had similar issues with delay, but what got me most was the communication (or lack thereof).

There are also paint runs on my wheels, but I didn't feel like going through that hassle again, so I bit my tongue and lived with it.

Vince is CYAN NSX here on Prime.

It's unfortunate as I like the designs, but I seriously doubt that I'll put myself through that again. Too much work for a set of wheels.

CDX_NSX said:
If there's one thing they're known for, it's their customer service (or lack thereof). I had similar issues with delay, but what got me most was the communication (or lack thereof).

My point exactly!!!

Worst part of the whole thing is that Vince could have made the whole situation better, if he was professional about his business.

He kept instisting that the damaged rim was "just fine" WOW!!!! :mad:

I read some of his other post about how HRE not handling the situations with professionism. He needs to take his own advise.

I think I am done venting for now....or not.

The sad thing is he'll still do a lot of business because other people just don't care. At least posts like this make me realize I should go elsewhere. So many times I've come this close to getting iForged because Club Lexus has a good dealer of iForged that has great customer service and handles a lot of this stuff for you, but I've come to the realization I don't wan't to support a company like this. I'm sure he doesn't care because he'll make millions off everyone else, but oh well. At least part of his millions wont come from me. I do give them credit for having some really nice rim styles though.

Fxyz said:
Where can I get similer wheel for $300.00 ?

I don't know what IForged costs, but I doubt you can get a quality forged, multi-piece wheel for $300; but then again, that's probably the whole point of this post anyway.

I looked at a few iForged wheels. From the outside, they look quite nice since they are just knock-offs of HREs. Even the emblem/insignia looks strikingly similar. However, the wheels are quite poorly built if you look at them from inside. I have even seen the rivets falling off. Imagine if the rivets fall off at high speed, you can have an accident. If you want to spend big bucks for wheels, HREs are much better choice. HREs are run by real business people whereas iForged are run by wannabes who has no clues about customer's service. I had kept my mouth shut about how poorly the iForged clowns conduct their business. I ordered a set of iForged 2 years ago and was screwed around by these incoherant guys and ended up buying something else. On this forum, everytime HRE wheel gets a crack, these iForged guys will disguise themselves as casual onlookers and join in to flame HRE. This Fxyz troll's is a perfect example of this cowardly practice instead of facing you like a real man. I give them a big thumbs down.
Steve

whiteNSXs said:
I looked at a few iForged wheels. From the outside, they look quite nice since they are just knock-offs of HREs. Even the emblem/insignia looks strikingly similar. However, the wheels are quite poorly built if you look at them from inside. I have even seen the rivets falling off. Imagine if the rivets fall off at high speed, you can have an accident. If you want to spend big bucks for wheels, HREs are much better choice. HREs are run by real business people whereas iForged are run by wannabes who has no clues about customer's service. I had kept my mouth shut about how poorly the iForged clowns conduct their business. I ordered a set of iForged 2 years ago and was screwed around by these incoherant guys and ended up buying something else. On this forum, everytime HRE wheel gets a crack, these iForged guys will disguise themselves as casual onlookers and join in to flame HRE. This Fxyz troll's is a perfect example of this cowardly practice instead of facing you like a real man. I give them a big thumbs down.
Steve

I wouldn't mess with Iforged, But I wouldn't touch HRE again either.
# different problems with HRE and the service and repair time were apauling in each situation... At one time a car sat 2 months waiting for a repair that was to be rushed (2 weeks), Then we got the wheel back and it was a completely different color... I think all wheel companies have had some mishaps... But Iforge seems to be on a lot of board with major issues.

K2 said:
Hey Guys,
Let me tell you who really makes the wheels for IForged. IForged Wheels office(very small) is inside of a wheel company called INTRO. INTRO make forged wheels for TRUCKS and other low end brands. Affordable TRUCK wheels! Vince, the owner of IForged buys the hubs from this guy and put his "design" on it. Vince is a young guy(25 years old), who has no skill in customer service. :mad:

I wouldn't want these on my NSX!!! :eek: :eek: :biggrin: :biggrin:
http://introwheels.com/
1-3.jpg

2-3.jpg

2-1.jpg

hdr_w_exposed_img.jpg

I ordered my Iforged Rev wheels thru another vendor, not Iforged directly. I haven't had any problems so far but i havent got the wheels yet either. Everything is still within the given timeframe i was quoted. Good thread though

whiteNSXs said:
What is an Ataboy?
Steve
He is giving you a thumbs up Steve. Ataboy is like a "slap on the back" or a "good job".

BTW Steve, way to weed out the trolls! I hate when this crap happen on forums like this. I took a look at the posts by this Fxyz clown and they are either pushing for iForged wheels or bashing HRE.

Jeff

Hiroshima said:
He is giving you a thumbs up Steve. Ataboy is like a "slap on the back" or a "good job".

BTW Steve, way to weed out the trolls! I hate when this crap happen on forums like this. I took a look at the posts by this Fxyz clown and they are either pushing for iForged wheels or bashing HRE.

Jeff

I went back and re-read all those posts also. They read completely different than the first time I read them! :mad:

One of the main reasons I bought a set of used Zanardi forged BBS wheels.
Who wants to go 160 mph plus on cheap wheels?
IMO its insanity trying to save a few bucks for "looks" and add weight at the same time. :rolleyes:

Zero-Cool said:
Hummmmm!!! I 'm thinking of Iforged, Fs sprint...
Don't waste your money. You might want to contact Tom Bell to get you a nice set of 18/19 SSR GT7 which are in much higher quality and less expensive. As Kenny stated, iForged wheels are built by this company Intro which builds truck wheels not to mention that iForged wheel are heavy like pigs. As this Fxyz troll wrote before on this post, he indicated that the 2-pc iForged "street price" for 18/19 is about $2000 which is much much lower than the list prices. At that price, they are still making a good profit margin.
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showpost.php?p=457694&postcount=38
This is not at all surprising that iForged are actually just some low quality, cheap wheels but look like expensive wheels like the HRE. Todd also stated that he will build a 7 spoke version of his wheel. You might want to contact him.
Steve

whiteNSXs said:
What is an Ataboy?
Steve

I thought the saying was "That a boy", as in "good job".

Anyway, I had heard that Racing Hart used either American Racing or Intro wheels to make some of their wheels here in the US a few years back. I can't completely confirm this right now because my source isn't online at the moment. But I thought I recall him say the Racing Hart C5 was also made in the US (by Intro or American Racing) to meet the US demand.

Anyway, I also heard that most of the new "Forged" companies making wheels now use the same barrels. They just cut the center pieces out, weld them together and put whatever name they want on.

I have a set of the DPEngineering wheels on my Jetta and I heard the barrels where from the same supplier as the ones for IForged. But I haven't confirmed that.

wow:eek: Iforged or I forged??

Main Entry: 2forge
Function: verb
Inflected Form(s): forged; forg·ing
transitive verb
1 a : to form (as metal) by heating and hammering b : to form (metal) by a mechanical or hydraulic press with or without heat
2 : to make or imitate falsely especially with intent to defraud : COUNTERFEIT <forge a document> <forge a signature>

I guess there name says it all....

moral of the story....buy Volks:biggrin:

Should I be the first to tell you that you've resurrected an old thread? We all know about iForged at this point anyways :wink:

Should I be the first to tell you that you've resurrected an old thread? We all know about iForged at this point anyways :wink:

haha... its the first time i'm reading this post... great info... the news of iforge isn't new to me... but ashame a company with such great potential has to do this stuff...

hahaha...I know....someone posted a link to this thread a few days ago...I couldn't believe this...I missed the whole Iforged sucks thread, so I posted
a smart ass remark:redface:

That's what I love about Prime, there are still threads on here from like 1990:tongue:

Back