• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

PoLL: Do you set off car alarms???

Does your NSX set off car alarms?

• Never Happened Once

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • Occasionally on hi-rev passes

Votes: 24 48.0%
  • Happens on every block

Votes: 14 28.0%
  • Radio is always too loud to tell!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I have a pretty loud exhuast on my S from Spugen and i don't even have to rev, and alarms bleep all the time and sometimes go off. Kind of funny. A bit too sensitive don't you think??

loNfastNSX said:
I get alot of alarm bleeps in parking garages. If I give the car a little gas it will set them off. One guy swore up and down that I bumped his car.

hahahha, did you tell him playa please, YOU hit MY car!

That's one of my favorite things, driving thru a parking garages, parking, getting out, and then looking back and hearing all the car alarms blasting. :D

I too get in in parking garages, my wife gives me a hard time since she thinks i occasionally give it a little "extra" gas....i think the silly grin on my face is what give me away

NormRD said:
I too get in in parking garages, my wife gives me a hard time since she thinks i occasionally give it a little "extra" gas....i think the silly grin on my face is what give me away
HAHAHAH just keep shaking your head no as you smile and laugh through the garages :D

I don't know why you would want to set off peoples car alarms. That would just be really annoying IMO.

NetViper said:
I don't know why you would want to set off peoples car alarms. That would just be really annoying IMO.

we don't "want" to, but the fact that we drive normally and it starts setting off people's alarms makes ME say, man...they need to adjust that. If it gets set off, oh well. Call it the child in me if you will...we all revert back to childhood/simplistic joys.

beckertb said:
I'll set off alarms > 1/2 a block away:)

Ben

I heard you blasting in the Hotel parking lot from NSXPO all the way here in Houston!!! Not literally, but I 'heard' about it! :D

OK Kool so its not just me .. on my car now I have Comptech headers to Gerry Johnson custom turbo piping to a 6" Magnaflow cansister and thats it! So it gets them a lot is all i can say . . I guess its called sympathetic vibration, theres a little shock box with kind of a tuning fork inside these car alarms, at the right pitch it makes them vibrate and they just go off . . .

In my NSX? Never.

In my Cuda? All the time.

Ideally, both of my play cars would be as quiet as an electric car. When a car is quiet, you can accelerate as quickly as you want without anyone (anyone out of eyeshot, anyway) being aware of your presence. It is also a demonstration of respect for my community. I HATE hearing Harleys/buzz-bombs/etc. blasting around at night when I'm trying to sleep.

Autophile said:
In my NSX? Never.

In my Cuda? All the time.

Ideally, both of my play cars would be as quiet as an electric car. When a car is quiet, you can accelerate as quickly as you want without anyone (anyone out of eyeshot, anyway) being aware of your presence. It is also a demonstration of respect for my community. I HATE hearing Harleys/buzz-bombs/etc. blasting around at night when I'm trying to sleep.

oh man, I would hope people aren't driving loudly last at night on work nights. even though my car is loud, I do try to be respectful, at least to my neighbors

Ever been to an airshow? now thats funny.

NSX FoYoAss said:
That's one of my favorite things, driving thru a parking garages, parking, getting out, and then looking back and hearing all the car alarms blasting. :D

need to find parking garage and try that..., :)

That's one of my favorite things, driving thru a parking garages, parking, getting out, and then looking back and hearing all the car alarms blasting.

Rather immature / childish in my book. Now before you blast me, let's turn the tables.

You are very keen on the safety of your NSX, as you should be. A coworker or friend tells you that your alarm is going off. You quickly drop what you are doing, run out to the parking garage, only to see a ricer (similar age as you) or Harley-Davidson rider having blipped the throttle to set your alarm off. How would you feel?

Last edited:
Hi

Never happend. I can not get my NSX into the parking garage at the mall so that is maybe why I never set off any alarms.

Regards

Back