• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Porting the heads

Called Comptech and asked them for a head job they quoted me $5,000 is that crazy or what supposely it gives 40 horses to the wheels if any one knows of a place where they port nsx heads please let me know the head job includes the cams and retainers thats not that bad but still a little expensive.

Originally posted by NosNsx:
Called Comptech and asked them for a head job they quoted me $5,000 is that crazy or what supposely it gives 40 horses to the wheels if any one knows of a place where they port nsx heads please let me know the head job includes the cams and retainers thats not that bad but still a little expensive.

Do they mill the heads to bump the compression?

Dave.

Contact Gerry Johnson
[email protected]
He said he can Port and Polish the heads, along with Mill the heads for compression for less than 2K I think. He said he gained 30rwhp on the dyno just from that.

Comptech's 5K inclues the High lift cams, and valves and valve springs along with the Port and Polish. And in my opinion is not worth it for the price, especially considering the gains that you get from the cams are minimal and only in vtec range.
Heck the cams alone are $3400.00 *ouch*

Back