• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Possible gateway into the owners club...

I've been lurking for quite some time and recently decided to double my efforts to find an NSX. I made an account on here and read through the possible owners thread. I am looking for a standard transmission, 91-94, any color, around 25k-30k. I looked at the price guide on here and I found this and wanted to know the communities thoughts on it: http://greatfalls.craigslist.org/cto/4554686004.html While Silver isn't my top choice, it's a clean ride and right in my price range so I can't complain. Owner is sending me more pictures by tomorrow and hopefully a vin so I can run a check.

looks good great price if it drives buy it. I feel that if an NSX can make to my shop in Florida then its worth it, fix it up if it needs anything

and you have a great reliable Honda made Exotic sportscar that turns heads everywhere you go.

goodluck, I wouldn't even wait for the VIN if those are current pics, salvaged or not who cares. the only person that knows is your insurance company and you.

half the owners on NSXPRIME though they will not admit it own salvaged NSX's ,I myself have owned a few salvaged NSX's though my 92 is not LOL

goodluck

looking at pics of interior has me wondering why the center console is from a 93+ and the doors look like came from an ivory interior???

silver is a great color, I miss mine dearly when it comes to cleaning and keeping it clean compared to my black one....and is in my top three colors for NSX(white,black, silver)

if the price is right and it checks out with a clean autocheck and ppi from acura dealership or other certified NSX tech, hop on it...but I'd be asking questions about that interior??

Good luck, be patient and be picky....the tme will come when the right one comes around, be the right one is the key.

Last edited:
00J0J_fUJCO8bNEcq_600x450.jpg

The door panels by the speaker (white) don't match the rest of the interior, so this was either originally a silver/white (1 of 6 in 1991) or a silver/black. I highly suspect it was a silver/black as there is a lot more black than there is Ivory. Below is a picture of how a stock ivory interior looks. It also has an updated center console (2 compartments) rather than the older style single compartment.

1991-Acura-NSX-For-Sale-Interior.jpg

I would ask the current owner if he did a swap at some point and if so why (flood damage the carpets?).

Attachments

• 00J0J_fUJCO8bNEcq_600x450.jpg
    00J0J_fUJCO8bNEcq_600x450.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 395
looks good great price if it drives buy it. I feel that if an NSX can make to my shop in Florida then its worth it, fix it up if it needs anything

and you have a great reliable Honda made Exotic sportscar that turns heads everywhere you go.

goodluck, I wouldn't even wait for the VIN if those are current pics, salvaged or not who cares. the only person that knows is your insurance company and you.

half the owners on NSXPRIME though they will not admit it own salvaged NSX's ,I myself have owned a few salvaged NSX's though my 92 is not LOL

goodluck

yeah, the only people who know it salvaged are you and the insurance company.........and the next guy you try selling it to:redface:

if you plan on keeping it for life, then salvage is ok, if it checks out and is straight, but god forbid you ever have to sell again....$25,000 for a salvaged 91 with 100,000 miles is way too much money to spend...clean title, great deal....salvaged, no way.

half the owners on NSXPRIME though they will not admit it own salvaged NSX's

In my opinion, this is a gross exaggeration. I'll concede there very likely are several NSX owners out there with salvage history but to claim it's half the owners (or even close to that figure) is beyond speculative. If you have any real data to support your statement, I'd like to see it. I think we all would.

In my opinion, this is a gross exaggeration. I'll concede there very likely are several NSX owners out there with salvage history but to claim it's half the owners (or even close to that figure) is beyond speculative. If you have any real data to support your statement, I'd like to see it. I think we all would.

Agreed. Perhaps Shawn meant to word it as follows:

half the salvage owners on NSXPRIME though will not admit it they own salvaged NSX's

lol we need a shawn translator :wink:

there is no data and I take back and eat my words I thought about this post last night, and I think I had a brain fart and would like mods to erase this statement from my log of other insane comments.

carry on.

Thanks for all your advice! He says it's a clean title, not salvaged. Grabbing the vin from him then running a check. One question I have is how hard is it to revert back to the original radio? Do these double din conversions make a mess of the wiring? Thanks again.

Edit: Vin checks out. original interior was black. Who do you guys use for a ppi? Since it's Shelby Montana I was thinking of getting a local mechanic to do it since there aren't many options. What are your thoughts?

Thanks again.

Last edited:
If the interior was originally black, I wonder why the lower door panels are ivory? Prior to your vin confirmation, I would have guess the car originally had an ivory interior with a swapped black interior because it would make more sense to swap out the carpet and seats to rid most of the ivory color. That being said, the seats are 97+ because if you look closely, the leather is perforated (a 97+ update). Also the plastic trim that covers the seems between the carpet edge and the aluminum sill is missing suggesting an incomplete color swap. I'm just rambling now, but i love decoding this stuff lol

Good luck!

---- edit

looks like just the drivers seat has been swapped as the passenger side isnt perforated.

Last edited:
That being said, the seats are 97+ because if you look closely, the leather is perforated (a 97+ update).

Actually, the perforated leather is only in 2000+. Most likely the seats were recovered via something like leatherseats.com rather than later model seats swapped in as 2000+ cars are fairly rare.

I would check the VIN tags on the doors to make sure they weren't swapped. Or just make sure the price reflects the oddities.

Actually, the perforated leather is only in 2000+. Most likely the seats were recovered via something like leatherseats.com rather than later model seats swapped in as 2000+ cars are fairly rare.

I would check the VIN tags on the doors to make sure they weren't swapped. Or just make sure the price reflects the oddities.

yes my mistake, 2000+. was trying to point out possible interior swap with differentiating leather seat. either way at this price, as long as things check out with no major issue, these interior oddities shouldn't be a material concern.

keep us updated

ad says new paint and I don't see a vin so how do you guys know what its original color was?

who knows,maybe not you or me but we live in a world with lots of standards of deviations:wink:

who knows,maybe not you or me but we live in a world with lots of standards of deviations:wink:

now that's a statement I will use again in my life thanks for that Doc " we live in a world with lots of standards of deviations:wink:"

who would bother to repaint a car silver?

I have a black NSX that was in need of a major paint job and I always liked silver...so I asked my painter to change the color.
He said "NO!" and I left it black (and I'm glad I did)...BUT I was still enamoured by "silvers" (bright and dark), and I think they look clean longer and hide chips, etc...

Here is my take on it.. In my opinion, I would walk away from it and be patient in finding another one without so many potential issues. Your $25k-$30k budget could rise very quickly and turn into $30k-$35k (or more) fixing unseen problems. When l originally decided on budget, I didn't factor in possible transport costs, etc and ultimately decided that after finding the RIGHT one I was looking for the added costs were justified for my happiness. Only you can decided what will make you truly happy. Good luck!

Here is my take on it.. In my opinion, I would walk away from it and be patient in finding another one without so many potential issues. Your $25k-$30k budget could rise very quickly and turn into $30k-$35k (or more) fixing unseen problems. When l originally decided on budget, I didn't factor in possible transport costs, etc and ultimately decided that after finding the RIGHT one I was looking for the added costs were justified for my happiness. Only you can decided what will make you truly happy. Good luck!

Thank you for putting it into perspective for me! I decided to pass on it and wait for one that is the right color (red or black) and with a little bit less of a convoluted history. The search continues!

Being a black/ivory owner myself, I've changed a lot of the interior to black but just enough to still be considered black/ivory. That said, the lower portion of the dash should be ivory as well unless the dash has been changed. Another red flag as to why? I'm not dismissing the car, but you may want to dig deeper on it's history.

What do you guys think about this car? http://www.hollywoodmotorsusa.com/1991-Acura-NSX/Used-Car/WestBabylon-NY/4700665/Details.aspx Is there anyone in the area that could do a ppi for me? Its right in my budget, manual and black which means the planets aligned somewhere. I checked out the vin using that "dealer autocheck inurl:vin" trick and all green checks, nothing fishy... from this end. Thanks!

Edit: correct link

Edit: photos may work this way http://www.hollywoodmotorsusa.com//largephotos.aspx?id=4700665

- - - Updated - - -

Going to buy it, just have to set up a ppi. What do/did you guys do for a ppi?

Last edited:
Larry B is in Warwick NY, it's a ride from him, not sure if the dealer would take it to him.............but, there's no one better!!!

be careful with cars from these small used car lots....It would need a fine tooth comb.

Back