• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Power slot rotors and Hawk HPS pads

i know it's not the same thing, but i have slotted brembos with hawk hps's on my civic..... it's amazing how little fade you get with em (well, i'm comparing them to the oems..... on a civic)

either way, warpage on the discs is really good.... i brake hard a lot. the hps pads are pretty good....

i'm gonna do the same for the nsx in a month or so.... brembo slotted rotors and hawk hps pads.

I just installed power slot rotors and hawk hps pads all the way around on my nsx. Bought the parts from Science of Speed. I am very pleased so far. My only complaint if I can even call it that is the amount of brake dust the new pads create versus the stock oem pads. I plan to test them out more this weekend up at deals gap and I'll post back with results.

I've used Powerslot rotors (as well as a lot of other brands, including the stock ones), and have tried cross-drilled and (obviously) slotted as well as solid-faced rotors, all stock size rotors with the stock calipers. I use my NSX on the track as well as on the street, and I keep track of my mileage. In my experience, all one-piece rotor brands and types give the same braking power and last approximately the same number of miles.

I use this combination, got them from SOS, .. and did one HPDE event with this combo. So far, I've been very happy with it, .. the only drawback so far is the brake dust. But, that's a tradeoff that I can happily live with!!

Cheers .. Gus

I actually put the same combo on my car last weekend.Everything is fine exept much more brake dust than stock.
And dont forget those screws on the rotors are a bitch to get off without the right tool.:smile:
My trusty dremel tool did the job. Too lazy to run to pep boys

I run the powerslots with drilled holes, and had the hawk pads... those pads had a bit more dust then I wanted. With the web pattern of my Konig Image wheels, they were too tough to keep clean.

I found the solution... SOS Carbotech pads... sweet performance, and very little dust ~ the same or less then OEM. The Carbotech pads are going strong for 2 years now... ~30K miles... almost no wear.

Another good thing is this Michelin wheel spray.. it prevent dust and dirt from sticking to the wheels.... no staining, and simple spray on and dry. Stuff cost 5$ at WalMart.

See my cardomain for pics.

Thanks,
Tommy

TommyP said:
I run the powerslots with drilled holes, and had the hawk pads... those pads had a bit more dust then I wanted. With the web pattern of my Konig Image wheels, they were too tough to keep clean.

I found the solution... SOS Carbotech pads... sweet performance, and very little dust ~ the same or less then OEM. The Carbotech pads are going strong for 2 years now... ~30K miles... almost no wear.

Another good thing is this Michelin wheel spray.. it prevent dust and dirt from sticking to the wheels.... no staining, and simple spray on and dry. Stuff cost 5$ at WalMart.

See my cardomain for pics.

Thanks,
Tommy

Any squealing or brake noise from the SOS Carbotech pads? I went up to Deals Gap last weekend and the Hawk Pads performed great. The SOS Carbotech pads sound like something I may try when the Hawk Pads wear out. Thanks for the info on the Michelin wheel spray, i'll give it a try.

Please specify which Carbotech pads you are referring to. For example, Science of Speed's website shows the Carbotech Panther Plus and Carbotech Bobcat pads. Which ones do you mean?

(FWIW, the Carbotech Bobcat pads are not recommended for track use, so I have not used them. I have used the Carbotech Panther Plus pads, and while they worked great on the track, in street use they squealed too much for my taste as a combination street-track pad. Carbotech also makes more aggressive pads than those two, for track-only use.)

I've had a set of Carbotech Bobcats on Charlotte for about 9 months and 30,000 miles. They're used with PowerSlot slotted rotors. They stop great, there's no dust and after 2 or 3 trips to The Dragon there's plenty of pad left on them. HIghly recommended combo. BTW I also have stainless lines and Dali air deflectors. Dali sells PowerSlots without the PowerSlot box (essentially Bradi blanks) for a lot less than PowerSlots in their original boxes. I know people are going to chime in mow and poo poo on Dali but I've never had a problem in almost 3 years of doing steady biz with him.

Permission granted for the peanut gallery to chime in............

By the way I'm replacing my rotors this month. The original PowerSlots have been on the car since January 04 and lasted about 90,000 miles.

Back