• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Price Check 1991 NSX perfect condition.

So i've seen a lot of price variation in the 1991s when up for sale, I have a friend who has kept his in very pristine condition. It is museum kept and only has 30k miles. The car has never been driven in the rain and has monthly polishes done to the undercarriage, in addition all maintenance was done by the first NSX certified engineer in the US. His price so far is 42k which seemed fairly reasonable given what prices I have seen I just wanted everyone's opinion on the matter. It is formula red and has a low model number, I believe it was in the first 100 built. Im going to go take a look at the car this weekend, i've seen and driven his other NSX, however this one is his hide away baby and he may finally be willing to part.

If all the maintenance is current like TB/WP, coolant hoses a price of high $30's to $40K to me is not out of line for a one owner perfect specimen.
Others will tell you it's too high a price but I believe the number of unmolested 91's is decreasing.
Lot's of modifications being done to the early cars, so low mileage, few owners, no mods cars are getting more difficult to find.

My belief is in 5 years stock NSX's will be rare, appreciated, and appreciating.

I won't debate the asking price because again, it's worth what the buyer is willing to pay. But if I were looking to spend 42/45k, I'd opt for an NA2 6speed version even though I'm not a "T" fan.

you want to pay top dollar for a 91 that you are going to drive and use,or collect and show?

I purchased a 91 with 10k miles back in 2006 for 38500.

I sold it in 2007 17k miles for $42500.

I recently purchased the same car back with 33k miles for $35200.

Needs timing belt / water pump only. Everything else is pristine. Your price is very reasonable, just make sure the following works:

Windows roll up / down
No crack on dashboard
AC system works
Radio works
Not in snap ring
ABS works
No hesitation at WOT

The car would mostly be to show and a weekend driver at best, windows roll up perfectly, no cracks what so ever, the dash looks very pristine. AC is nice and cold, radio runs well, ABS works fine. Think we can push the price point down a little into the 30s at which point I plan to purchase the car.

Good luck with the purchase. At that age it will need new timing belt/water pump unless these have been replaced already. Also all new coolant hoses and accessory belts would be a good idea. Expect issues with the ABS, audio, climate control, and air bag control unit, and possibly with the brake master cylinder and clutch master and slave cylinders and power window regulator assemblies. All this just because the car is 22 years old. This stuff won't all happen at once but over the next few years you can figure you will be repairing or replacing most of these systems. Fortunately there is a great community of NSX owners here who can help, including members who offer excellent (and reasonably priced) repairs on things like the CCU, air bag control unit, and window regulators.

While one should never look at cars as investments, I do believe lower mileage unmolested 91's will continue to increase in value.

Despite the car is low miles and pristine, some of these issues will eventually knock at your door. It may be many years from now but it's the nature of the car nonetheless.
Windows roll up / down
No crack on dashboard
AC system works
Radio works
Not in snap ring
ABS works
No hesitation at WOT

Pull the trigger before its gone, you will glad you did, all these car are climbing up in value.

Yeah. My post may have sounded as if it was meant to discourage. But if you do what anesthesia says there is very little chance you will ever regret it and it may be the most fun car you will have ever owned in your life.

Okay $50K. Hell I got $43K when the insurance totaled my beloved 91 with 107K miles. Apparently these public auctions are good for our values.

Haggerty, values for a Cond 1 1991 NSX Manual ($42,700)

Date
Condition 4Condition 3Condition 2Condition 1
Aug 2013 <INPUT value="-5% for auto. " type=hidden> $17,900 $26,200 $33,400 $42,700
Apr 2013 <INPUT value="-5% for auto. " type=hidden> $17,900 $26,200 $33,400 $42,200
Dec 2012 <INPUT value="-5% for auto. " type=hidden> $17,900 $26,200 $33,400 $42,200
Aug 2012 <INPUT value="-5% for auto. It looks like another classic example of two-tier pricing has formed. If you’re thinking of buying an early NSX, the time to pull the trigger is now. When the inexpensive ones change hands, they are being replaced with similar examples at higher prices." type=hidden> $17,400 $25,400 $32,400 $40,800
Apr 2012 <INPUT value="-5% for auto. " type=hidden> $16,500 $24,600 $29,700 $36,600
Dec 2011 <INPUT value="-5% for auto. " type=hidden> $16,500 $24,600 $29,700 $36,600
Sep 2011 <INPUT value="-5% for auto. " type=hidden> $16,800 $25,100 $30,300 $37,300
Apr 2011 <INPUT value="-5% for auto. " type=hidden> $16,800 $25,100 $30,300 $37,300
Dec 2010 <INPUT value="-5% for auto. " type=hidden> $17,100 $25,600 $30,900 $38,100
Aug 2010 <INPUT value="-5% for auto. " type=hidden> $17,100 $25,700 $30,800 $38,200

<THEAD>
</THEAD><TBODY>
</TBODY>

Before everyone starts posting their 91s with a firm price of $33,000 in the Prime for sale section, note that a condition 2 means "Seasoned observers will have to look closely for flaws, but will be able to find some not seen by the general public...The vehicle will drive as a new car of its era would." Condition 1 means "the best in the world. The visual image is of the best car, in the right colors, driving onto the lawn at the finest concours. Perfectly clean, the car has been groomed down to the tire treads."

Most really nice NSXs I have seen have been Condition 2- to Condition 3. Condition 2 also generally means UNMODIFIED with correct rims, exhaust, etc. although there might be some wiggle room for modifications on such a late model vehicle (opinion strictly mine, not Hagerty's).

interesting chart....kinda explains why there is a collector car market in the first place.....the time capsule cars do appreciate....what we also see is the market for "used" nsx is stabilizing. I'm sure the same could be said for more desirable years of 911 and the Ferrari 360 as well as early gallardos.

Back