• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Group Buy PRIDE V1 Exhaust Reintroductory Group Buy Special

Any feedback on how loud this exhaust is compared to some of the others on the market? Maybe on the scale that SoS uses here: http://www.scienceofspeed.com/sos_resource/FAQs/NSX/eap/exhaust_comparison/default.asp

Basically, I'm looking for something that the girlfriend won't complain about.

audax,

I live in San Clemente, so you are welcome to check out mine and drive it. I still have my cats installed and it's not too noisy with the windows up. I usually roll my windows down so I can hear it!

Jay

In the first exhaust picture in this thread, you will see two little bulges on two pipes at the bottom centre section of the picture. They are glass packs, you can call them mini mufflers if you want to, lol. Those are the resonators. They help tone down the exhaust sound a bit. You can add resonators to help get rid of the drone, but you would have to know where to place them I believe, which means experimenting. You would have to cut up the exhaust and weld the resonators on. It will be quite costly I think.

I respectfully submit that you are mistaken and therefore alarming people unnecessarily. :eek:

The resonators referenced in that other thread are not the little "bulges" seen in the photos. Nor are they at all necessary from what I understand - all the reviews I've read (I'm seriously considering a Pride exhaust myself) suggest the drone is minimal, it any exists at all (seems to vary just a little from car to car - engine cover, no engine cover, etc.). That conversation in the other thread about resonators was just some speculative engineering exercise, not something most people would ever want or need to do.

Those "bulges" are integral to all Pride V2 exhausts - they come standard. No cutting or welding is necessary. And no extra charge :smile:

Last edited:
I respectfully submit that you are mistaken and therefore alarming people unnecessarily. :eek:

The resonators referenced in that other thread are not the little "bulges" seen in the photos. Nor are they at all necessary from what I understand - all the reviews I've read (I'm seriously considering a Pride exhaust myself) suggest the drone is minimal, it any exists at all (seems to vary just a little from car to car - engine cover, no engine cover, etc.). That conversation in the other thread about resonators was just some speculative engineering exercise, not something most people would ever want or need to do.

Those "bulges" are integral to all Pride V2 exhausts - they come standard. No cutting or welding is necessary. And no extra charge :smile:

Went back to the other thread and now I get it. I just glanced at the photo and read that person's comments briefly last time. I stand corrected. Thanks for the clarification in regards to them being resonating tips.

But I don't get how am I alarming people. It's not something that has to be done. If someone really wants to add resonators, it's up to them. I didn't mean that he had to buy the one's that are already on the Pride exhaust or meant that Mac Attack were referencing those particular ones. I was trying to explain to dima what resonators are so I pointed out those little bulges.

I thought that Mac Attack in the other thread said to add more resonators, which is what I meant that you would have to hack up the exhaust to add more resonators. But I think you were correct that he meant adding resonating tips/pipes as seen by his drawing marks, which would still entail cutting and welding. So I'm not sure why you edited your post to remove the comment about resonator tips. Mac Attack may be speculating, and we won't know unless someone's tried it, but he is very knowledegeable about drone/exhaust frequencies as he's done a few experimenting with custom exhausts.

dima was quite intent on getting zero drone, which is very challenging, and asked what were resonators and how to add them, which is basically what I told him. Just wanted to clear this all up. Sorry for any confusion guys.

Last edited:
Yes, toward the back end those 2 bulges between the pipings are "mini resonators." Because our NSX has a NSX-R mesh engine cover I never felt the drone. I'm going to borrow a stock engine cover and see if I can feel it. I believe if there is drone it is very minimal. Each person's tolerance on drone are different. I have a few customers that calls me up after they installed it and said it is not loud enough for them but love the high pitched tone. Some would say the exhaust are somewhat bearable and wouldn't go for any louder than this... :tongue:

Mark @ PRIDE

Mark,
I want the V2 quad whenever i can get back to receive it. Been working 700 miles from home for a year.

Mike

Mark,
I want the V2 quad whenever i can get back to receive it. Been working 700 miles from home for a year.

Mike

Don't work too hard! Let me know when you're planning to head home. I can ship it out couple of days ahead and by the time you get home it'll be waiting in your garage for you to install it. Transit time to Memphis 2-3 days.

Mark @ PRIDE

1st Mark is one helleva Guy. I was watchig this thread and was quite interested in this exhaust. The sound clip was WOW!!. My work takes me to So Cal so I PM Mark to see if we could meet so I could hear this exhaust in person. He must have tex me 5-6 times so we could meet. He let me drive his NSX and all I can say is this exhaust was amazing. The Idle sound was deep with a little barratone rumble but as the revs went up this thing sings. I ma as about as tight a person ther is about letting go of my money but I went right back to my hotel and pulled the trigger on the Pride 2. On Sunday I removed the stock one and eagerly waited for the arrival of th new one. I was out of town when it arrived but came home in time today to insatll it. The removal and install with the help of one my friends took no more than 1 1/2 hours. Fitment is GREAT the sound OUTSTANDING. I will try to find some one to help me with an audio clip. But if you are looking for a very streetable axhaust that romps at WOT buy it fom mark. Here are spme photos

Attachments

• New Exhaust 001.jpg
    New Exhaust 001.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 206
  • New Exhaust 006.jpg
    New Exhaust 006.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 233
  • New Exhaust 005.jpg
    New Exhaust 005.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 249
  • New Exhaust 004.jpg
    New Exhaust 004.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 226
1st Mark is one helleva Guy. I was watchig this thread and was quite interested in this exhaust. The sound clip was WOW!!. My work takes me to So Cal so I PM Mark to see if we could meet so I could hear this exhaust in person. He must have tex me 5-6 times so we could meet. He let me drive his NSX and all I can say is this exhaust was amazing. The Idle sound was deep with a little barratone rumble but as the revs went up this thing sings. I ma as about as tight a person ther is about letting go of my money but I went right back to my hotel and pulled the trigger on the Pride 2. On Sunday I removed the stock one and eagerly waited for the arrival of th new one. I was out of town when it arrived but came home in time today to insatll it. The removal and install with the help of one my friends took no more than 1 1/2 hours. Fitment is GREAT the sound OUTSTANDING. I will try to find some one to help me with an audio clip. But if you are looking for a very streetable axhaust that romps at WOT buy it fom mark. Here are spme photos

Looks great. What is the diameter of each of the tip (quad)? The tips appeared to be stick out much more than the OEM (2 to 3 inches). Does that look funny?

The tips are 2 1/2. The do not stick out any further than the stock ones. There is more space between them and the valance. In person they are just fine. Was at my local dealership today for an oil change and EVERY ONE thought that the sound was amazing. Even the NSX mechanic said pretty nice.

No still on stock cats and the stock manifolds. Was going to do headers next but I shredded my clutch.

Finally got a chance to install the exhaust and all I've got to say is...

Mark, you should include a stereo delete kit ... Best sound ever. I feel like throwing my radio out just so I can hear the exhaust sing.

Thanks Mark...

Is this group buy still going on? any left?

Yup, as of today I have 2x available for sale. Will have more available in a few more weeks. Let me know, thank you.

My Paypal is: Pride Groupe @ g mail .com

After you send the payment, please PM me or Email me to let us know if you want us to ship it signature required or not. Is your address a business or residential? Please include your day time phone number.

I will send you an invoice via email & tracking numbers. Thank you.

--
Mark
PRIDE

Does anyone have a phone number for Mark? Thx

Does anyone have a phone number for Mark? Thx

My number is on the vendor link below, please see my signature.

Met with Rob this afternoon. He picked up our Pride V2 dual exhaust. How's the drive back home Rob? 10 hrs?

What is the SoCal address for local pickup?

Just sent you a PM. Currently in OC.

Mark
PRIDE

Was driving through Los Angeles yesterday on my way back to Phoenix and gave Mark a call to see if you would meet me with a V2 exhaust.

Mark was busy entertaining his family from out of town when he stopped what he was doing and met me in Pasadena so I didn't have to leave the freeway and add time to my drive back to Phoenix.

Got my V2 exhaust and must tell everyone...the workmanship and quality is superb! This exhaust is almost too pretty to install. It would look good on a wall in my office!

Mark was one helluva guy! He stopped what he was doing and drove clear across LA and met me as I passed through town. I didn't have to leave more than one mile from my route home. Thanks Mark!

I will be heading over to SOS to have this bad-boy installed sometime this week. In the meantime, super 'kudos' to Mark! He couldn't have been a nicer, more accommodating guy!

I will let everyone know how the install goes!

Rob, once you get it installed would you mind if I stopped by to hear it? I've been thinking of changing my exhaust for a while and this sounds like the right balance of sound/price.

i picked up a v1 from mark about a month ago. It was great dealing with Mark as he was very accommodating since i was picking it up locally. Instead of having to drive to LA to pick it up i only had to go Ontario which is much closer to Riverside. Great quality exhaust and can't beat the price, its worth every penny for how amazing it sounds. Every time i go under a bridge or through a parking garage i find myself rolling my windows down just to hear it :)

Put mine on last weekend. It sounds amazing with my stock cats and comptech headers. It was very well packaged and got here fast. Going to work on a video this weekend.

Thanks Mark!

Back