• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Project X Customs- Private Chicago Shop for NSX Repair/Services

I spoke with Mark Dettlo, the service manager at Muller's Woodfield Acura, to alert him to the issue regarding using the combination water pump and timing cover on NSX timing belt changes. He's looking into it. I also asked him if he'd be interested in providing a price that people could rely on for a timing belt and water pump replacement on an NSX, and he said he'd get back to me. He also noted that they currently have a service special, with $200 off on any timing belt service; you can find the coupon on their website here.

In the meantime, here are a few assumptions that seem reasonable to make regarding pricing of a timing belt change. If we take the estimate Tangoman received for $2403.25, then substitute these two parts:

19200-PR7-A03 $414.87 WATER PUMP ASSEMBLY
11810-PR7-A02 $224.33 TIMING COVER

for this part:

19200-PR7-305 $322.57 WATER PUMP ASSEMBLY SET

that lowers the parts price by $316.63 before sales tax, or $345.13 after tax. Subtract out the $200 coupon special, and that puts the total at $1,858.12.

I will report back if he is able to quote anything specific when he gets back to me.

P.S. I apologize to Tangoman for doubting him regarding the use of the combination water pump and timing cover rather than the separate parts, and for the language which I used in my previous post.

Anybody ask Mullers how much to do a clutch? Parts cost,labor cost? I will call and ask myself,just wanted a point of reference first.Thanks everybody for your efforts in this thread.

Anybody ask Mullers how much to do a clutch? Parts cost,labor cost? I will call and ask myself,just wanted a point of reference first.
Keep in mind, the price for a five-speed ('91-96) clutch job is going to be much lower than the price for a six-speed ('97-05) clutch job.

Keep in mind, the price for a five-speed ('91-96) clutch job is going to be much lower than the price for a six-speed ('97-05) clutch job.

'92 woo hoo ,something is cheaper! It's a Christmas miracle ! Thanks for your efforts and info! P.S. got my welcome packet yesterday fromNSXCA. Thanks for handling that,K.

Yeah, the parts cost is around $1650 list for the five-speed clutch, double that for the six-speed. Including labor, you're probably looking at somewhere around three grand vs mid fours...

Took my nsx to project x today for the rdx injector mod and everything went fairly flawlessly. I'm impressed and they have gained a return customer.

^Nice! Pics? Notice any difference after the mod?

^Nice! Pics? Notice any difference after the mod?

No pics:frown: I already had a Dali chip so I definitely saw an increase in high and low end power but it wasn't extremely drastic. I'm happy I did the mod and would recommend it to anyone!

Back