• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Proper procedure to pull ECU codes

I read the instructions and it seems pretty self explanitory to me...:confused:

Bend the paperclip in a "U" shape and insert the ends into the blue connector shown in the picture.

Turn the ignition to the "ON" position and watch the dash lights to count the blinks.

The only thing a little vague is how to interpret the flashes. The code reads out two digits. Let's assume you only have one code, say "32". The 3 will be 3 slow flashes followed by 2 quick flashes. After a short pause, the "slow 3" and "fast 2" will repeat.

Finding the blue connector (a bright medium blue) is sometimes difficult if it got tucked under the carpet, etc. The first time you might need to remove the footwell cover beneath the glovebox in order to find it. The connector should have a blank mating connector in it to keep out dust, but someone could have discarded that.

The last time I blew an 02 sensor, it took more time to find my "paper clip" and to open my manual to the right page for the codes than to actually pull the code.

Back