• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Question about Lowering the NSX

nel

Registered Member
I tried to keep my stock height as long as I can, but finally give in to the attractive look of a lowered NSX. Question: Can I lower my NSX about 1/2" or 3/4" using Bilstein shocks + stock springs combo? Will this affect my camber settings and therefore my tire wear and handling. Any other suggestions for lowering an NSX about 1/2 or 3/4"?

BTW, my wheels are stock 16/17.

Thanks in advance.

-Nick

Paired with stock springs, the Bilsteins can either keep the stock ride height or give you 7/8" drop (there are two lower mounting perches to chose from spaced 7/8" apart). Anytime you drop the car it affects your camber, but with only 7/8" drop you can correct most if not all of it by simply having the car realigned. It's when you get into the 1.5" + drops that the camber problem becomes bad.

Originally posted by Lud:
t's when you get into the 1.5" + drops that the camber problem becomes bad.

Lud is correct. If you lower the car less than 1 1/3 - 1 1/2 inches there is enough adjustment in the stock suspension geometry to correct back to the factory settings. Once you get past that point, you won't be able to dial out enough of the negative camber.

------------------
----------------------------
Don't no nuttin 'bout no NSX;
Don't no nuttin 'bout birthin' no babbies.

View

Thank you Lud and David, as always.

Does anyone know a good place for installing the Bilsteins and dialing in the camber in the Bay Area?

-Nick

Back