• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Question for Colorado Owners (AEM & Tune)

Hi All, I hope you enjoyed your NSX this summer.. We had good weather!
I have a question.. Anyone running AEM? Can I still pass inspection?

I installed a CT supercharger awhile back and the car has more torque and HP.. But.. I drove my buddies in Los Angeles with a supercharger and I couldn't believe how much more power he had at the lower elevation.
So I was thinking buying AEM and larger injectors and getting a tune..
Any advice? (shops/ what to do etc) thanks!

Thanks.. (PS I live in Douglas County, Highlands Ranch)

Last edited:
1995/1996 is when you have to start worrying, as with those they'll want to plug into the OBD2 port and verify check engine light works.

For our older cars they just have to pass the dyno test. I don't even think the check engine light needs to be functional. Up here they sometimes don't want to deal with the older/lower car or finding spark signal (RPM) from direct-ignition system so sometimes just run the 2-speed idle test. Often also need help locating the cats (visual inspection component).

Anyway, as long as your tune is good, you are running cats (and they are good) - then you'd probably be fine.

I can't help with the rest (selection of engine management, who to have tune, etc).

Last edited:
1995/1996 is when you have to start worrying, as with those they'll want to plug into the OBD2 port and verify check engine light works.

For our older cars they just have to pass the dyno test. I don't even think the check engine light needs to be functional. Up here they sometimes don't want to deal with the older/lower car or finding spark signal (RPM) from direct-ignition system so sometimes just run the 2-speed idle test. Often also need help locating the cats (visual inspection component).

Anyway, as long as your tune is good, you are running cats (and they are good) - then you'd probably be fine.

I can't help with the rest (selection of engine management, who to have tune, etc).

Good to know.. Thanks.

Back