• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Question on Japan vs Usa fenders: Can anybody kindly Help ?

Fenders Question: Can anybody help me ?

I got into an accident and my fenders, + bumper are smashed / dented (both Left & Right Fenders). Mine is a Japan Honda NSX '91 RIGHT-HAND Drive model as I live in Asia.

I am looking for replacement Fenders from the USA but my local mechanic in my country tells me there is a difference between USA fenders and Japan NSX fenders so I wouldn't be able to use the USA fenders even if I buy them. he said that the NSX fenders are designed to be non-symmetrical, so that the Japanese DRIVER's side Fender maps to the USA DRIVER's side Fender components, although their orientation is different. Vice-versa for the other side.

Is what my mechanic say is true ? Should I go ahead and buy the USA NSX Fenders to replace for my Japan NSX ? Will I be able to use it ?

Greatly Appreciate any informed advice from out here,

Michael.

Re: Fenders Question: Can anybody help me ?

i really don't see why they would be different.
How much cheaper are the U.S. one's to the japanese one's???
the bolt patterern on the U.S. one's are the same on each side, So i do not know what else would make them not work??
maybe you should just make it a wide body instead :tongue:

Re: Fenders Question: Can anybody help me ?

Yea but you see, he told me the japan NSX fenders by themselves Left & Right are not 100% symmetrical in terms of interior. Acc to them, the Right is heavier than the Left because it has some more parts inside it. Is it True ?

I'm trying to get used Fenders from the States, over here only New ones and expensive. Can anyone offer advice ?

I highly doubt what your mechanic says because noone here (in Europe too) could use any of the aftermarket fenders from japanese tuning companies I guess. AFAIK there's no RHD or LHD related part at the fender or where the fender is fixed. Of course the part numbers in U.S. are different but that's the case with nearly all the parts.

BTW: Why don't you buy a japanese fender anyhow as you are living in Asia?

So, do you think that if I were to get the USA Acura NSX front fenders, i should be able to install them to my Japan NSX ? I mean, regardless of whether the driver's side is different on USA NSX and Japan NSX models..

Probelm of buying them locally is I cant find any used fenders. All here are New from Honda only and it costs an arm and a leg..

What can i do.. ?

A friend of mine has JDM fender on his car. the only difference is the turn signal on the fender. USDM has it, JDM doesn't.
I'm not too sure about fitment issue. But I don't see why you can't put a US fender on your Japan Car.
You'll probably miss out some of the turn signal wiring to get the signals working properly tho.

Michael,

Please fire your mechanic. He is full of it. Here in the US, people import body kits from Japan such as Sorcery, Taitec, Marga Hills, etc., to use on our US NSX. This afternoon I had both fenders off for some work and they are mirror image of each other.

Where in Asia are you? Perhaps I should help you pin him down while you rough him up the next time I visit....... :mad:

Best Regards
Paul Siu

Michael Lee said:
So, do you think that if I were to get the USA Acura NSX front fenders, i should be able to install them to my Japan NSX ? I mean, regardless of whether the driver's side is different on USA NSX and Japan NSX models..

Probelm of buying them locally is I cant find any used fenders. All here are New from Honda only and it costs an arm and a leg..

What can i do.. ?

Thanx for your input. I'm absolutely going to confront the local mechanic if it's true that he has got wrong info abt the fenders. I imported an Nsx from Japan in '95 to where I am now in Hong Kong.

That said however, don't you think that OEM fenders that japanese co.s (like Sorcery, Marga ) make for USA have been specially tailor-suited for the USA Nsx models ?

I'm more concerned about stock NSX fenders, that is if Usa NSX fenders can apply ORIGINAL Nsx fenders from Honda Japan, then my this issue must surely be solved for 100% sure.

Do you think ?

Do you mean that with Usa fenders on my Japan Nsx, if I were to hit Right signal in my car, the Left light would blink , & vice-versa ? Can reverse wiring solve that ?

Michael Lee said:
Do you mean that with Usa fenders on my Japan Nsx, if I were to hit Right signal in my car, the Left light would blink , & vice-versa ?
Of course not - right and left are the same in every country I guess :biggrin:
It's just about that the U.S. cars have the signal light sit on another point than we have.

Or was this meant as a joke?

That's a point my mechanic said too: he said Usa fenders signal light is slightly more toward the front bumper, while Japan models signal light is toward the door. But is that a problem ? I can live with that as long as I can use New fenders -- Please Help !

Japan fenders
n_004.jpg

US fenders
6554P1060826-med.jpg

Ok, thks, I take it there's absolutely no problem with Usa vs. Jpn fenders. I'm going ahead to buy the Usa fenders for my Japan Nsx.

I also have a problem trying to buy the a replacement used ABS Accumulator, Solenoid and ECU for my dead ABS. The Usa ABS assembly is located on the Left side under the hood, and the Japan Nsx on the right. Can I get a used ABS from the Usa to fit into my Japan Nsx ? Please ..Help Me

Re: Question on Japan vs Usa ABS system

I still have a question donno if anyone can help me its my dumb ABS (ALB) system. 2 weeks ago my ABS died abruptly when I was changing the 12V battery. I took it to my local mech and my ECU wasn't able to work diagnostic. So a borrowed Nsx ECU computer diagnostic returned "problems relating to Accumulator, Solenoid, etc". 5 days later, I crashed my Nsx head on because I did a hard turning with a dead ABS, I tried to brake on the wet turning and all 4 tires locked and i swayed and smashed into the side wall of the freeway.

My ques is, if I can find an ABS system in the Usa, do you think similarly I can install it into my Japan Nsx ? Unlike the fenders, the ABS system assembly needs to be oriented correctly, yes ? The ABS system and its computer (accumulator, solenoid pump, modulator are all located in the RIGHT side of my Japan Nsx, but it's over at the LEFT side of the Usa Nsx.)

The orientation makes me concerned if I can use the Usa version of ABS. Can you Help ?

Regards,
Michael Lee.

michael japan is a stone throw away from HK. Why dont u buy a 2nd hand one from there there are heaps going around in japan and painted as well. Shipping would be cheaper. Contact Sorcery they have plenty of fenders from all there widebody conversions.

Michael, with all due respect, you really need to look for a different shop and diff. Mechanics. I know there's not whole lot of people "still" driving the relic nsx in HK, but I believed there's at least 20? As I saw couple years ago about the nsx club get together...

Japan will be your best bet to get some used, working parts. I just don't see how you can source the shipping charges shipping from US to HK.

dude just kill him and get it over with. he is a moron.

Dear Michael,
Have you search another Mechanics before you design to buy the fender from US? As normal workshop in HK will help you to find those parts from local second hand or new and then sometimes direct order to Japan.
You can try to call a Mechanic Mr. Sunny no.94642937 in Kowloon and he is an honest guy and may help you on break problem first. I knew them from a Honda salesman friend, and test them what I learned in Nsxprime to fix my Nsx. Also he have some "brothers" all from Honda is good for body work and experience on NSX aluminium chassis. I tried their paint work with my mercedes and seems very good. Hope, they can help.
Henry :smile:

cwood1388 said:
dude just kill him and get it over with. he is a moron.
Your advise is not funny. Please do not say that, young man. Especially when some one needs help. I think he is confussing and lost after crush his Nsx. To me, the very positive side on this web site is to help all NSX driver/owner in the world and not to insult somebody who needs help.
Henry :confused: :confused: :confused: :rolleyes:

LingYuan said:
As normal workshop in HK will help you to find those parts from local second hand or new and then sometimes direct order to Japan.
Henry :smile:
Hey, another Henry from Hongkong, welcome! I remember that I shipped used NSX parts from Germany to the other Prime member Henry in Hongkong - suspension and brakes AFAIK , seems it was cheaper for him than buying in HK or Japan despite the enormous freight costs.

THANK You All. NSXPrime is the best place to be. Yes, I did crash my car and I feel quite low these days. I had contacted the Mr.Sunny but he is asking for quite a price for the new fenders, bumper as he says he hasn't any source for used ones. I feel like I can buy a new decent used car with that kind of price..

Anyway, I am trying hard now to find, and thanks I will try to check/ask around in Japan... probably Sorcery might help.

Henry,

Chris' remark was for the mechanic. As a chinese decendent from Hong Kong myself, translating across languages can sometimes be confusing.

Best Regard
Paul Siu

LingYuan said:
Your advise is not funny. Please do not say that, young man. Especially when some one needs help. I think he is confussing and lost after crush his Nsx. To me, the very positive side on this web site is to help all NSX driver/owner in the world and not to insult somebody who needs help.
Henry :confused: :confused: :confused: :rolleyes:

Question on Japan Nsx parts

any Japanese Nsx owners out here , who can recommend where to contact used parts dealers in Japan ? .. appreciate any info / help , Arigato.

In Canada, the autowreckers can put the item on line through a special software package that they have and see who in Canada has those parts. Now I dont now if Japan has that or not. Now with the fender problem as well maybe it could have been because of the crumple zones on the fender itself, by being a right hand driver verses a left hand. Just try to contact a autowrecker in Japan and see who would buy Honda parts and see if they can forward you to some one.

Back