• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Questions concerning Iforged wheels

Thanks for looking,

I recently picked up a set of Iforged Aero wheels for one of the other cars and am in the process of refinishing them. I don't have the tires off yet and the previous owner couldn't remember if they were the two piece or three piece version. Is there any way to determine which model they are? They appear to be three piece but I can't tell. Second, assuming they are three piece once the wheel bolts are out I should be able to remove the disc(center)without separating the lip and barrel, correct? I recently refinished a set of three piece HRE's for the NSX and was able to accomplish this. Was hoping someone on here had some experience with them before I went about removing 35 bolts, lol.

regards,

Matt

The 2 piece wheels are welded together. If you look at the wheels from behind and see the face welded to the rim, they are 2 pieces. The rivets were only applied for aesthetics.

The 2 piece wheels are welded together. If you look at the wheels from behind and see the face welded to the rim, they are 2 pieces. The rivets were only applied for aesthetics.

Zishan is right! Look at the back. If you see that it's welded its 2 piece (2 piece is the single piece barrel and the face).

If you see the rivots/screws going all the way through connecting the back its a 3 piece wheel (the 3 pieces of the wheel are the face, the front part of the barrel and the rear part of the barrel)

If you see the rivots/screws going all the way through connecting the back its a 3 piece wheel (the 3 pieces of the wheel are the face, the front part of the barrel and the rear part of the barrel)

Actually, I believe the 2 piece wheels with the Rivet option, will have the rivets going all the way through as well. But in addition to that, the wheels will be welded on the backside, as the rivets are drilled through and screwed for aesthetics alone.

You can easily tell if there are no tires mounted. There's normally a large silicone bead running along where the barrels are bolted together.

Thanks for the info guys,

I heard back from Iforged as well and they are a two piece wheel.

regards,

Matt

Back