• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Raced with a C5

The C5 tried to challenge me on a bridge so I decided to give it a try. I thought the C5 was gonna beat me for sure since I'm not a great driver. However, the result turned out that he couldn't pass me and I couldn't get rid off him either. I know some of you guys had beaten the C5, want to share your experience?

What year is your NSX? A six-speed C5 will do 0-60 in 4.7 w/ a good driver. That matches the current NSX. They just get there differently. It's hard to say what would happen in-gear though. Automatic C5's are slower.

Should'a taken him around a corner!

P.S. I had a 6-speed C5. It's not match for the NSX overall.

------------------
94 Red & Tan NSX 5spd
1999 Cosmos BMW M Coupe 5spd

I raced a C-5 in my '91 5spd...
I had a REALLY bad start off the line and he pulled about 1 car length in front, but he as soon as I got going he couldnt pull on me at all. He was 1 car length ahead all the way up to 120, at which point he turned off onto another street...
I figured the C-5 woulda killed me..but I guess not.

My nsx is 91 5 speed with I/H/E and catalyst converter. Just for more info, by the time we raced, there were 2 ppl in my car including myself and there was only the driver in the C5 so I guess there was some weight difference.

there were 2 ppl in my car including myself and there was only the driver in the C5 so I guess there was some weight difference.

No, there would then have been no weight difference. The C5 is heavier than the NSX by several hundred pounds, so your passenger actually was compensating for the weight advantage of the NSX.

The NSX has no significant weight advantage over the C5.

NSX Coupe (6 spd) 3069 lbs
NSX Coupe (Auto) 3113 lbs
2001 Corvette Hardtop 3130 lbs

NSX-T (6 spd) 3164 lbs
NSX-T (Auto) 3208 lbs
2001 Corvette Targa 3212

I could not find specs for auto/6 spd Corvettes.

-Jim

------------------
1991 NSX Blk/Blk
1974 Vette 454 4 spd
Wht/Blk

Oops! Thanks for the correction!
wink.gif

I raced a C5 on the freeway from a 70MPH rolling start with my 92 NSX with supercharger, headers, exhaust, 4.55, shorties, dali clutch and flywheel. I pulled away at one car length per second for 4 seconds, then shut down. He quickly pulled off at the next exit.
I have since installed the 9PSI boost kit...(heh heh heh)
:-)

Back