• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Radio station buttons acting funny - Advice?

This week, I noticed that the station buttons (1-8) buttons on my radio are not working consistently. Monday, only the bottom row worked. Tuesday, only the top row worked. Wednesday, all buttons worked fine for most of the day, and then one of the rows went out. Thursday, only three buttons (all in the top row) work. Today, none of the buttons worked
frown.gif
. All of the non-channel radio controls work fine, including the tape deck.
I did remove the center console and tighten the knobs a couple of weeks ago - Would this happen if I didn't replace the little ribbon cables tightly? Any other ideas? I have a parts radio that I can use to try to repair it, but it would be a lot easier if someone else has had the same experience and can provide input.

Also, I noticed that the lights on the buttons display just fine. In other words, even when the buttons aren't working, if I twist the knob to a station that I have preprogrammed to a certain button, that button lights up, even if the button itself does not work when I press it.

Sounds like the first thing to do is pull it back out and check connections...

Back