• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

RE050As for rear with stock rubber front?

Ive got a new set of 17/18s coming to me, and my local tire store has suggested that I move the strock fronts to the new wheels, and get a set of RE 050A's to fit the rear.

He told me that the stock RE 040s are virtually identical to the RE 050As and that there will be no issues with mixing the new and old generations.

True?

My motivation to do this is ONLY that I will not have to buy fronts for the new wheels, but my tolerance for any mismatching variances is very low. So, if this is not absolutely fine, I will not be doing it.

I got oe RE010 on 15 inch front, RE050A on 16 inch rear. The rear end does not feel as tight due to non-nsx bias tire. The reason I got RE050A was due to the my disdain for Old New Stock RE010 that's available. If I can get FRESH RE010, then I would not get the RE050A. The OE tires give the NSX special feel that other car will not be able to attain, so if you can get RE040 for the rear, why would you want to lose the "feel" by gettin the RE050A?
Both RE040 and RE050A are about the same price, so price should not be a issue.

EIFFEL said:
I got oe RE010 on 15 inch front, RE050A on 16 inch rear. The rear end does not feel as tight due to non-nsx bias tire. The reason I got RE050A was due to the my disdain for Old New Stock RE010 that's available. If I can get FRESH RE010, then I would not get the RE050A. The OE tires give the NSX special feel that other car will not be able to attain, so if you can get RE040 for the rear, why would you want to lose the "feel" by gettin the RE050A?
The RE040 that is made for specific corners of the NSX is only made in the stock sizes (17" rear), not in any size for his 18" rear wheels.

nsxtasy said:
The RE040 that is made for specific corners of the NSX is only made in the stock sizes (17" rear), not in any size for his 18" rear wheels.

Yes, that is my question. I do not want to mismatch rubber f/r, and the shop is telling me that it is okay to mix the stock 17 inch RE040 fronts with a RE050A rear on my new 17/18 wheels. If that is true, it allows me to keep my current front rubber, which has tons of life left and Ill just have to buy 18 inch rears.

But I do not want to mismatch rubber.

TIA

Back