• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Real Z06 cost?

How much would the C6 Z06 cost without amortization over the "regular" C6?

• $75,000

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • $90,000

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • $100,000

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • $125,000

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • It doesn't matter, it is still a Chevy

Votes: 13 50.0%
  • I am a NEOphyte, so I just need a place to vote

Votes: 1 3.8%

• Total voters
I eagerly await the C6 Z06 arriving in NC in the next couple of months. The owner of a local dealership is going to call me in when he gets his first, even though it has been long sold. Doubt I will get to drive it, but will get to check it out up close and personal.

Everyone says how cheap this car is, compared to other "super" cars. My question is how cheap (or really how expensive) this car would be if GM did not have how many thousands of C6's to amortize the cost of the body/suspension/transmission over, then just add up the tooling for the carbon fiber/magnesium pieces. The engine has been around for years in ALMS and SPEED, albeit in non-smog setup. The end result seems to be greater than the sum of its parts, but if you or I, or Panoz, or Noble, or Ferrari or Acura created such a car from the ground up, what would it cost? Just a thought :cool:

Don't forget that that same block is shared by over a million pickups, and SUV's. That helps subside the cost even more.

What's up with the <A HREF="http://www.yourdictionary.com/ahd/n/n0059200.html">NEOphyte</A>? I'm not sure why Roman Catholic's need their own vote option. :confused:

haha well if we are in fact still talking about GM, then the cost would be horrendous given the high union labor compensation costs and such.

What is the dealler adjustment final cost Gary?How much will folks be willing to pay to be the first?

docjohn said:
What is the dealler adjustment final cost Gary?How much will folks be willing to pay to be the first?

I am not sure John, I did not ask. The one that is presold offered the dealership $25 grand over sticker to be first in line :eek:

I think it would be very similar to a Ford GT. The cars are nearly equal in performance, the fact that the Vette is mass produced in lesser form is one of the few major differences between the two. While the GT certainly has more shock factor (like a Viper), I find the Vette to be the more attractive car. Most that see Z06 on the road will think its just another Corvette, not realizing the car's amazing abilities. But then again, the base C6 is no slouch either.

Will

Back